2007 Jeep Compass SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Compass model:
First-time Jeep Owner
By RCinCO on 10/01/07 11:26 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I special-ordered a tricked-out 4WD Limited and it arrived in April, as promised. After 5 months and 5,000 miles, I'm very pleased with the vehicle overall. Although it's not a great highway car (yes, it's underpowered and strains at speeds over 60mph and on highway hills), the Compass is great in the Colorado mountains and on back-country roads. It's very comfortable for this 6' 230 lb male, turns on a dime, handles very well, and gets pretty good gas mileage (23mpg city/25.5mpg hwy). Almost everything is where it should be, and the fit-and-finish are terrific. I've read comments about the 'cheap' interior. I don't agree.

Just Fun to Drive!
By rivera7205 on 09/11/07 16:36 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I fell in love with the Compass within the first 5 minutes of the test drive. It's so much fun and easy to handle. I traded in an Oldsmobile Bravada for this smaller, more fuel efficient crossover and have not been disappointed. It has tighter handling and is easier to manuever, especially when parking. My husband has a Grand Cherokee and it seems much stiffer in its handling. Like most new cars it took a couple hundred miles to break the engine in, but after a little driving under its belt the engine is extremely smooth. Overall the Compass is perfect for day to day driving.

Love it
By ron on 08/29/07 07:12 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Rides better than PT Cruiser. wish the CVT was quicker, and would hold hill. Gas mileage is better too (25) or more consistantly. Wish 4x4 was real full time like my Grand Cherokee, no need to pull lever for deep stuff. Like it much better than friends Caliber.

4x4 in a small vehicle
By farout on 08/12/07 12:40 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Is the Compass a 4x4 or and AWD? That's a question that is really hard to find an answer to. The Lock in 4x4 is only good up to 10 mph. The Compsss ia a well planned out vehicle, rides smooth, goes up hills good, has great air-conditioning! Seats are easy to ride on and back seat has good room for adults! Lots of plastic inside, but easy to clean. Engine is loud, and has less than expected take off power for a 2.4 L engine. However at 40 mph and above the passing power is really good. CVT transmission is smooth and takes a little to get use to. The fuel MPG is about 23 as an average. Plenty of safety features, and many options. The Compass is rugged and takes hills very well.

Loving My Compass
By LUVMYCOMPASS on 07/28/07 05:48 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've read quite a number of reviews on the Compass which would normally deter me from buying it. After test driving the Compass, I loved it. I traded in my Vibe. The Compass is quieter, rides much smoother (doesn't ride like a typical 4 cyl), more roomy. I've only put about 2,000 miles on it so far. It has plenty of pep for me and I'm getting about 30 mpg. People need to take a more serious look at the Compass, despite what the critics say. I don't have all the bells and whistles on my Compass which made it extremely affordable for me and quite the bargain.

great looks & features
By isaac halpern on 07/25/07 22:16 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I live in Riverdale, New York. The roads are bumpy. I love the 18" tires i never bottom out -- these large tires are not available on many similar SUV. the green limited edition looks awesome. over all very pleased

My Jeep Compass
By Leeza on 07/12/07 15:40 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My Compass is great in most ways. The only real complaint I have is the front seat is not comfortable. Seems to be designed more for the male than female. If the seat were just an inch or two wider it would be great. Since my purchase I've had two other females tell me that the seat is too narrow and pinches.

Not so economical
By Bou on 06/26/07 20:15 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car and the next day at about 105 miles started a 450 mile trip. I was not expecting to get 19 MPG on hwy after reading on the Jeep website that you get 380 mile range per tank full. 210 miles into the trip on flat Southern Florida hwy, I had to stop for gas and every 210 to 230 miles thereafter for the rest of the trip and on the way back. Yes A/C was on but 19 mpg. I love the car, the interior and exterior designs but I am very disappointed with the gas mileage. The mileage was a major factor in the purchase decision and I feel that I was lied to.

Love It!
By darcy on 06/05/07 12:42 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We bought the Compass after our Toyota Matrix was crushed by a tree during a spring storm. We love it! It is so quiet, fun to drive, gas mileage is good. It drives more like a car than a SUV. Go with the driver convenience package for the heated leather seats, sunroof etc. It is well worth it. Plenty of room in the back seat for children and dogs. And our car insurance went down.

Compass steers you the right way
By glenn on 05/31/07 11:37 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Fun drive, easy to steer, nice handling, very quiet. Transmission something to get used to. Great vehicle for the money.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.