Used 2007 Jeep Compass Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Jeep Compass - Consumer Reviews

2007 Jeep Compass

View reviews for a specific Compass model:

Most Helpful|
I wish I chosen a different suv
By keith

2007 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Ahhhh - right now what I can say. It gets bad gas mileage and I have only 6706 miles on it and already had it in service department 3 times with window switches and engine light comes on. There is no power.

Favorite Features

Color and love it when I get out car alive.

Suggested Improvements

Needs better gas mileage and bigger engine. Better seats and better tires.

Not so economical
By Bou

2007 Jeep Compass Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car and the next day at about 105 miles started a 450 mile trip. I was not expecting to get 19 MPG on hwy after reading on the Jeep website that you get 380 mile range per tank full. 210 miles into the trip on flat Southern Florida hwy, I had to stop for gas and every 210 to 230 miles thereafter for the rest of the trip and on the way back. Yes A/C was on but 19 mpg. I love the car, the interior and exterior designs but I am very disappointed with the gas mileage. The mileage was a major factor in the purchase decision and I feel that I was lied to.

Favorite Features

The shift paddle came very handy on small hills driving.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage. At hwy speed when you push on the accelerator you get a very sluggish response. A few times, I had to look at the rpm to see if pushing the pedal was having the desired effect. No torque at those speeds.

NEVER AGAIN
By cpallam

2007 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This vehicle was first car that I purchased along with being my first JEEP ever and let me just say that NEVER again will I step foot onto a Jeep Dealership. It could be the fact that they transmission they put in the vehicle is not serviceable as in you can't even have fluid added( was told this by a lady in the service department at the dealership)or could it be that the awful squealling sound when you go in reverse and use your brakes is only fixable by going 40mph and slamming on your brakes, or that I only have one more turn on the rotars and it's already warping again. Let's not mention the HORRIBLE blindspots that have contributed to SEVERAL close calls!

Favorite Features

NONE

Suggested Improvements

Put a serviceable transmission in. Um, cut down on the blind spots. Make it to where the doors match up( appraiser noticed they didn't) Do the same with the dash. Make it to where the squealling doesn't happen and can be fixed.Hmm, I think there are just WAAAY to many to name here.

Starting to have problems
By Sue

2007 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We bought our 07 Compass one year ago. We bought it because of the warranty. I loved it in the beginning, but in the year, we have replaced 5 speakers, need new tires (only 32,000 miles)and had a tie rod replaced. Now there is a terrible noise coming from the back rear area when the brakes are applied. Took it to the dealer, they said it was a CD case rattling in the cubby in the back, well I didn't know and took off, and it is still doing it. I am not happy I am thinking there is something wrong, maybe the ABS or something. I am not a happy JEEP person at this point. Anyone else have issues with noises in the back end??

Suggested Improvements

ALOT

NOT A SAFE CAR - DOES NO HANDLE IN WET
By sunshine

2007 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car is almost 3 years old and since the beginning I have told the dealer it slides when braking and taking off on wet roads - badly. They always have said nothing is wrong. Now they tell me it must be the tires and I should spend $600.00 on different tires, to my reply was so you sold me a car with unsafe tires. I got a shrug of shoulder response. This coupled with horrible rear and rear sides visibility due to huge v shaped metal between rear and side windows and non-movable headrests make it an unsafe vehicle. I will not even take it on a trip or out if it is raining or about to rain.

Favorite Features

Sirrus radio it came with

Suggested Improvements

Have it engineered to make it capable of driving in wet weather. Improve visibility.