Used 2007 Jeep Compass SUV Consumer Reviews - 136 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Jeep Compass SUV - Consumer Reviews

2007 Jeep Compass SUV

View reviews for a specific Compass model:

Excellent car!!
By amairs

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car! I haven't had it long, but it handled beautifully through the 16.5 inches of snow we got. I feel very safe having my 1 year old son in it. It is so comfortable, and the space is just perfect. It is a smaller SUV- not meant for hauling big loads, so the trunk isn't what you'd find in a large SUV. I haven't had any problems, and get very decent gas mileage.

Gas mileage, comfort, space, it's a very sturdy car.

Bigger gas tank and to move the cupholders up- I feel like they are too far down.

Nice 2nd jeep
By Ron

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this Compass few months back used with extended warranty, now I have 42000 miles on it and the only thing that has been done is oil changes, rotate and balance tires. No maintenance issues at all. Easy to park, get in and out of I'm 6'1", best rear leg room for small car, fun to drive, I own 2 Wranglers 97, 04 they are my real 4wd. This fwd Compass is a real jewel, average mpg 25.

Heated leather seats, rear leg room, leather audio control steering wheel 18" chrome wheels, sunroof.

Softer arm rest, windshield antenna, power driver seat.

NOT A SAFE CAR - DOES NO HANDLE IN WET
By sunshine

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car is almost 3 years old and since the beginning I have told the dealer it slides when braking and taking off on wet roads - badly. They always have said nothing is wrong. Now they tell me it must be the tires and I should spend $600.00 on different tires, to my reply was so you sold me a car with unsafe tires. I got a shrug of shoulder response. This coupled with horrible rear and rear sides visibility due to huge v shaped metal between rear and side windows and non-movable headrests make it an unsafe vehicle. I will not even take it on a trip or out if it is raining or about to rain.

Sirrus radio it came with

Have it engineered to make it capable of driving in wet weather. Improve visibility.

42,000 & shot! Poor sub standard quality
By BarbinCT

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Within the first week of owning, failed computer module cause unsafe driving conditions and faulty triggering of my tcs/abs on the highway.? car would slow down, not accelerate.. Dangerous! Dealer said this issue was not part of the recall related to abs? had to go to shop 3 times before this was properly diagnosed and corrected. At 30, ooo miles the clutch needed supposed replacing, out of pocket expense ($1300), not warrantied. Never had a clutch wear out or need replacing in 20 years of driving 5 speed manual! Very next day, broke down again, had another clutch issue.. Cable broke, this was covered? towed in and repaired clutch 2 days in a row?

At 42, ooo miles. Muffler internal baffles rotted out from cat conv. All the way to tail pipe. Rotted out internally? owned caqre less than 18 months.. 42,000, axle leak, front lower control arm, and tie rod ends.. Tie rod ends not covered?

Bought car for reliability and warranty.?? Paid 20,000 for a cheap vcar with warranty. Everything not covered by warranty prematurely broke or needed replacing in less than 2 years. Things broke or needed repair that could last 10 years on a quality car.

Love my Compass
By Sharon

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have a 2007 Jeep Compass and have no regrets buying it. I have the 4x4 Sports and have hand no problems what so ever. This particular make is just now really starting to catch on and I can't understand why Chrysler did not promote it as much. I get a lot of second looks while driving:-) Always wanted a jeep and this one is perfect for me.

Love the way it handles.

There is a blind side but once you adjust for it there is no problem but that visibility part should be addressed.