Used 2007 Jeep Compass SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Jeep Compass - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Compass model:

not good car
By mike

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car always had some problem, I had to have a computer mod replaced twice the breaks went bad after 32k miles the front wheel bearing went bad the ball join, the control arm and the tie rods. This all went bad about a month after the car was out of warranty I would not buy another jeep product. I also have a wrangler that has had a bunch of problems.

Favorite Features

nice design looks good

Suggested Improvements

The quality cars shouldn't wear out after 30k miles.

LOVE IT!!!
By niblet15

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have only had my compass for 2 weeks and so far I love it.

Favorite Features

everything

Suggested Improvements

needs no improvement everything is great

NEVER AGAIN
By cpallam

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This vehicle was first car that I purchased along with being my first JEEP ever and let me just say that NEVER again will I step foot onto a Jeep Dealership. It could be the fact that they transmission they put in the vehicle is not serviceable as in you can't even have fluid added( was told this by a lady in the service department at the dealership)or could it be that the awful squealling sound when you go in reverse and use your brakes is only fixable by going 40mph and slamming on your brakes, or that I only have one more turn on the rotars and it's already warping again. Let's not mention the HORRIBLE blindspots that have contributed to SEVERAL close calls!

Favorite Features

NONE

Suggested Improvements

Put a serviceable transmission in. Um, cut down on the blind spots. Make it to where the doors match up( appraiser noticed they didn't) Do the same with the dash. Make it to where the squealling doesn't happen and can be fixed.Hmm, I think there are just WAAAY to many to name here.

Jeep Compas Needs Help
By By John

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Jeep Compass new in October 2006. A month later we had a major ice storm and the AWD and anti- lock brakes worked great! I was disappointed from the start about the highway mileage I was getting, the highest ever was 27 MPG. I visit my parents who live in another state regularly. This is the first vehicle I have had in the last 17 years that could not make the trip on a tank of gas. I have had both tie-rod ends replaced under warranty and the front brakes which I had to pay for. Items that you normally don't have problems with under 30,000 miles. The CD player lacks a compression mode to even the volume out. The dash board is very clunky looking. The YES seat fabric does not work.

Favorite Features

Exterior styling. I love the grille, round headlights and the clam-shell hood. Adaptable cargo area with all the fold down seats is great along with the heavy duty removable cargo floor. Plenty of room for passengers. Drives well.

Suggested Improvements

Bigger gas tank!; Move the I-POD station to the dash near radio; move center armrest forward so it can be used as an armrest;put a better standard CD player in;air conditioning and rear defrost controls are small and hard to use;put a door on the passenger side dash cubbie.

You get what you pay for
By Ryann

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I got this car after driving a Honda Civic. I didn't have a lot of money, and it had a great music package available. I wanted an SUV, and have actually noticed very little difference in gas mileage after my 03 Civic. I haven't had any major issues, some lights turned on for no reason, and my drivers side window controls have been replaced, and have to be replaced again. Also, cruise developed a habit of turning off. It is very comfortable, and with the music package and price is great for young people. It is small and roomy. It is a bit unconventional looking, which I don't enjoy, but you do get what you pay for.

Favorite Features

The music, Ipod connection, subwoofer, and Sirius comes with it. Comfortable seats. Gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

The appearance, both interior and exterior. Reliability. Warranty. It does have a habit of decreasing speed drastically when you first start moving on days that are chillier than 60 degrees, almost giving me whiplash.