2007 Jeep Compass SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Compass model:
I love my Compass!
By scarletbegonia on 03/18/08 12:12 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought mine back in May 2007, and have driven it all over the country since! I absolutely LOVE it! My only complaint is there is not a lot of "get up and go" power.

Around town
By Bill on 03/09/08 10:03 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Can not say it is a full 4X4 but as a get around town all weather shopping kart it is the best. Great in snow and ice and good MPG

Life in the Middle Lane
By cylonrader on 03/08/08 09:35 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Decent power but great fuel economy. So it's a trade off there. Does good in every aspect. But not for serious jeepsters.

Who are these experts?
By Vidin on 03/04/08 06:17 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We bought a 2007 Jeep Compass after trying several other models including the Honda Element(expensive) and the Subaru Impreza(ok). We have had the car for one year and put 18,000 miles. No problems, great in the snow, fun around town, comfortable back seat, averages 24 mpg just like it said it would. A great car that is getting a bad rap by people who don't own one. I would say look to the owners and see what they are saying. The biggest negative is the interior- which I like. And the fact it isn't "Trail Rated"- Hello McFly- not going on the Rubicon anytime soon! Give this one a second look and you won't be sorry.

Don't believe car reviews
By Dan on 01/02/08 11:20 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Interesting that the owner reviews are averaging a 9. SUV handles well, is very comfortable to drive. Traded a 2001 PT Cruiser that we loved. Even road tested a 2008 PT Cruiser. Wouldn't think twice after testing the Compass. Upgraded the Sport version with A/C, sunroof, seats, etc. Well worth it.

Nice buggy, great for the price!
By smittro5 on 12/24/07 09:29 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I test drove at least 6 or 7 what I consider larger hatchbacks like the Scion XB, the Element also nice but to me not worth the money. The Mattrix, the Caliber, which was okay but small inside and the Mazda3 again nice but was 2k more than the Compass and was smaller with less features. I also drove a few others the Kia which I hated, drove like a post office Jeep and the Saturn Vue which was my favorite but came at too high a price around 25K I had to stay under 20K> If I had another 5 or 6k to spend hands down I would have bought the Vue. The Compass is a great little hatchback for what I need, good gas mileage plenty of room

Glad I took a second look.
By S Nance on 12/05/07 20:56 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Compass. Gas mileage is what they claimed it would be, and so fun to drive. I was looking for something smaller (had a Pacifica) to drive with better gas mileage. Turned out I don't feel I down graded - I love the look and feel of it. Has plenty of pep and love the way the seats will lay flat. Really designed well.

Give it a shot
By J Collins on 11/21/07 14:18 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Frankly, a lot of people (men) discount this car because of it's cutesy looks and it's lack of a 'Trail Rated' badge. Bottom line, if you dont need a hotrod, off roader, or a luxo-mobile, take a look at it. This car is agile, does great around town, and is well equipped. The ride is firm, but I prefer it to a cushy, unresponsive one. It's reliabe, not a single problem to date. It's no drag racer, but if you would rather save money in gas, the Compass will make you happy. 18 in wheels look great, and the stock all seasons have no problem with NE winters in the second hilliest city in the country. My wife loves the compliments from fellow young women and heated leather too.

A Great Crossover
By DWH on 10/23/07 14:13 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my Compass for two months and have 3,000 miles on it. So far the vehicle is everything that I expected. I enjoy the ride, handling, and the fuel economy. While some have said that it isn't a true Jeep it is to me. I knew when I bought it that it was designed for the road but how many of us truly run a Jeep off road.

Good compromise
By ex-p t woody on 10/15/07 01:23 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I traded in a 4x4 Dodge Dakota and a PT Cruiser woody with 16000 miles on it. I was looking for a combination of the 2 vehicles and after driving the Compass I knew this was the vehicle to fill the bill. I love driving the vehicle and its more comfortable than both of the vehicles I traded in. I am getting 23-24 mpg with the air conditioning on.which is a lot better than the Dakota and PT Cruiser. I love this vehicle.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.