2007 Jeep Compass SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Compass model:
All American Great Vehicle
By Jeeper on 07/10/08 06:36 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

After 60K plus miles through all sorts of weather(rain, mud, ice, wind and terrain, on and off road, our Compass 4X4, manual tranny, has been simply a wonderful vehicle, doing it all, reliably and frugally. Transporting family for a night out on the town, long trips or hauling dogs, deer corn, welders and angle iron all over our family's hill country ranch, the Compass hasn't missed a beat. 29 miles plus per gallon on the highway and 22 plus in city driving. American made, reliable as sunrise. Jeep has done it again.

Manual -5 speed
By Dave on 06/28/08 09:22 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I'm just wondering if the stiffness and stickiness in shifting gears is normal or is some thing wrong? Otherwise I am very pleased with the car,and my gas mileage on highway is about 33-35 mpg. Thanks!

I love my Compass!
By Teresa on 06/16/08 15:31 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I never bought a new car before, always bought used. That is until I first saw the Compass back in September of 2006! It's body style is so unique, I had to check it out. Now, 18 months later, I still love my Compass inside and out! I have had only one minor problem, an air sensor, which was quickly diagnosed and replaced. I get between 24 and 25 mpg and I would say that 75% of my driving is city versus highway!

After almost a year, I'm still impressed
By Brooks on 05/14/08 07:19 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car is amazing for what it is. The key part however, is "what it is". It is everything I expected. I purchased this for my wife, and If you are looking for a good gas mileage true 4x4 (and not those pesky AWD only things running around), there's nothing better. I have been so impressed that I sold my 2005 Ford and bought a patriot myself. I'm 6'9", and even with me driving a 6'6" person can fit comfortably behind me. This isn't true of most Cadillacs, more or less a compact SUV? The ESP and other features work wonders, and I honestly believe this may be the most versatile drive train on any vehicle. Not sure why they may a 2WD version though. jeep has turned it around big time!

Rain in Seattle!
By Grammy on 04/30/08 12:30 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love my car. It was a gift from my family. There are more positive things about my car than negative however I have had serious water leaking in my car problems. Seattle get a lot of rain. This winter my entire floorboard has been flooded due to a leak from the roof rack. A week in the shop and now I have massive water leaking through the front light dome dripping on the gear panel. The dealership is working with me and willing to replace the carpet. Because I didn't buy the extended warranty, they would not give me a loaner and they want a good review in customer service! I have complained about squeaky brakes and the rust that build up on the tire rim. Their response is that is normal. Lemon law!

Love my Compass
By JILTHOMA on 04/08/08 22:20 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I started looking for something that was fun to drive and had a unique look. As soon as I pulled out of the dealership for my test drive, I fell in love with how it handled. I have taken it on a few road trips and had amazing gas mileage. My only gripe (which is actually a good thing) is that I have had to learn to be to overly cautious with blind spots because I am a little shorter. That aside, I have recommended not only my Compass but Jeeps in general to anyone and everyone who will listen. It is an amazing SUV that gets great mileage (I average 30 mpg highway), haven't had any problems with upkeep, and is it a lot of fun to drive.

Fun, Economical, Loaded
By EnjoyingIt on 04/07/08 17:57 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my Compass for about a month. With all of the features that my 4x4 Limited has, it is a great value. I would have had to spend another five to seven thousand dollars to get a Honda or Toyota similarly equipped. Fun to drive, economical, and the darker colors are not bad looking in my opinion.

great car
By steve on 04/06/08 08:47 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had the car for 1.5 years now. Everything works fine. Car is comfortable. Have had no problems

Great Car For The Money!
By Mary on 04/04/08 06:35 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Having switched from a 5-speed, V6 engine car, to this I-4 Jeep Compass was a huge difference (but I knew that before I bought it). The Compass has no take-off or get up & go power (so my days of quickly dashing out in front of tractor trailers and other cars are over. SMILES) However, it is still a great car and I am having a WONDERFUL time with it....so far.

Dissappointed
By Jeep Compass on 03/26/08 13:45 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the Jeep Compass because I had heard it was a great little SUV along with great reliability....I was very wrong!! I have had the brand new Jeep for only three months and just last week the transmission went out, and it only has 8,000 miles! The passenger door makes a loud screeching noise every time you open it and the rear doors are not even flush with the car. i have to say that is one of the cheapest, and most unreliable cars I have ever owned!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.