Used 2007 Jeep Compass SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Jeep Compass - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Compass model:

NOT A SAFE CAR - DOES NO HANDLE IN WET
By sunshine

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car is almost 3 years old and since the beginning I have told the dealer it slides when braking and taking off on wet roads - badly. They always have said nothing is wrong. Now they tell me it must be the tires and I should spend $600.00 on different tires, to my reply was so you sold me a car with unsafe tires. I got a shrug of shoulder response. This coupled with horrible rear and rear sides visibility due to huge v shaped metal between rear and side windows and non-movable headrests make it an unsafe vehicle. I will not even take it on a trip or out if it is raining or about to rain.

Favorite Features

Sirrus radio it came with

Suggested Improvements

Have it engineered to make it capable of driving in wet weather. Improve visibility.

42,000 & shot! Poor sub standard quality
By BarbinCT

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Within the first week of owning, failed computer module cause unsafe driving conditions and faulty triggering of my tcs/abs on the highway.? car would slow down, not accelerate.. Dangerous! Dealer said this issue was not part of the recall related to abs? had to go to shop 3 times before this was properly diagnosed and corrected. At 30, ooo miles the clutch needed supposed replacing, out of pocket expense ($1300), not warrantied. Never had a clutch wear out or need replacing in 20 years of driving 5 speed manual! Very next day, broke down again, had another clutch issue.. Cable broke, this was covered? towed in and repaired clutch 2 days in a row?

Favorite Features

At 42, ooo miles. Muffler internal baffles rotted out from cat conv. All the way to tail pipe. Rotted out internally? owned caqre less than 18 months.. 42,000, axle leak, front lower control arm, and tie rod ends.. Tie rod ends not covered?

Suggested Improvements

Bought car for reliability and warranty.?? Paid 20,000 for a cheap vcar with warranty. Everything not covered by warranty prematurely broke or needed replacing in less than 2 years. Things broke or needed repair that could last 10 years on a quality car.

Love my Compass
By Sharon

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have a 2007 Jeep Compass and have no regrets buying it. I have the 4x4 Sports and have hand no problems what so ever. This particular make is just now really starting to catch on and I can't understand why Chrysler did not promote it as much. I get a lot of second looks while driving:-) Always wanted a jeep and this one is perfect for me.

Favorite Features

Love the way it handles.

Suggested Improvements

There is a blind side but once you adjust for it there is no problem but that visibility part should be addressed.

awesome
By akersey2

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've been reading the reviews that have been posted and I don't know what to say about all the problems that they have been having with the vehicle. I purchased my 1st Jeep Compass in Dec. 2006. The following May I was in a car accident when a dump truck hit my passenger side and pushed it to the driver's side. I was very grateful that the vehicle's structure was saved my life. A month later I went out and purchased my 2nd Jeep Compass and have had no problems with it. I've had it for 2 years now with 34K miles on it. I travel often to Texas from Iowa and have no issues.

Favorite Features

I love everything about it. I've managed to the MPG up to 30 when on long trips.

worthless investment
By Paul

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Jeep billed this little jewel as a great buy. I feel that I have been cheated. The fuel economy is what attracted me to this vehicle initially. After I bought it I quickly found out that the posted MPG were very WRONG. Then, within one month of purchasing the vehicle, the manufacturer posts new fuel economy numbers for the stupid thing. Guess what...they were lower than originally posted. Their response to my complaint, "Sorry.". Never again.

Favorite Features

None.

Suggested Improvements

Don't dress up a lemon.