Used 2007 Jeep Compass SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Jeep Compass SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Compass model:

A COMPLETE Shocker
By afterrainjosh

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Contrary to what some reviewers have said, I was blown away on all fronts by the Compass. The comfort of the drive is astounding. The handling and power is better than my wife's $50,000 sports car (I am not kidding. Her exact words were "Oh my gosh; honey! It's amazing"), the gas mileage is nothing short of amazing- we have recorded between 29 and 30 mpg on the freeway. The style of interior design is on par with similarly priced other makes; however the actual layout is extremely functional- everything is naturally where it should be- the little added touches (removable flashlight, power outlets, LOTS of storage, and seats that all fold flat to create a HUGE cargo area) are great too

Power, power, power. I have absolutely NO idea how a tiny little 30 mpg 4 cylinder engine can carry 4 people and a full load of luggage up a large mountain pass at 80 mpg without any compromise in handling but it does.

I wish my BASE model had come with leather but even so the cloth is good quality and attractive.

It's a lemon without Tequilla
By Disappointed in CO

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I thought I was making a decent investment it had 309 mi and was brand new. It's a jeep right? At 13,000 mi I had a worn set of tires that cost me $800 to replace. The warranty didn't cover the alignment problem I had. By 20,000 mi I had broken seat moldings on both sides of the vehicle. I also had an Airbag light blinking. The dealership fixed and within 2 weeks it came on again. My seat moldings are not covered by warranty due to "Natural wear and tear" on the jeep. Another set of tires at 24,000 mi. I am at 38,000 mi my warranty is over 2,000 mi and my transmission is going out. The dealership that sold me the car said it is a $6000 problem and my tires are worn again.

It is awesome in the snow when my tires are good. Great to maneuver. Fun to drive and good looking vehicle.

Take it off the market or rehaul the style. Jeep has better quality products then this. My brakes do not hold when parked on hills.

Great Vehicle for the Money.
By MichiganCityRogers

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought mine used and it had 33,000 miles. I've owned it for about two months and have had no problems from a mechanical standpoint. I own the 4X4 model and this vehicle replaced a Jeep Cherokee Sport. The performance during the recent 30+ inches of snow we had in Indiana was nothing short of amazing. Performed in the snow as well as the Cherokee. The cargo area, with the fold down back seat and passenger seat, is extremely large and I am able to haul extension ladders, etc. with no problem. Fuel economy is consistently 22 MPG. When comparing the selling price against the performance and usefulness, this car is a great deal.

Cargo area, 4X4, sound system, sun roof and audio system steering column controls.

Cup holder area is too far down.

Nice for the price
By Jeep lover

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought mine used with 21000 mls and i now have 41000mls in it and I love driving it. Mine is a blue 5 speed standard transmission. It is fun to drive easy to park has lots of get up and go. I love the fact that the rearseats fold down for more cargo space when needed. After a fresh rain it always looks like it came right out of the car wash.The interior could use some work. I have on piece of plastic interior that keeps popping out. I have an Ipod holder but you cannot use an Ipod when your model has the 6 cd changer. Love the sun roof, but the overall ride is rougher than I would like. gas mileage should be better for a standard 4 cyl. The four wheel drive works great use it lots in PA>

The sporty look of exterior, great stereo, easy to use four wheel drive. Fun to drive. Loving the sunroof. Good deal for a four wheel drive. I like it better than my friend's CRV and I got a way better deal price wise.

Improve grade of plastics interior. Better ride.The center console needs redesigned. Not good as armrest needs to be moved forward an inch or two. I have a flip up thing to hold an Ipod that I cannot connect to my stereo DUH? Seats are hard to clean I have 2 boys. No major problems just minor irks.

Excellent car!!
By amairs

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car! I haven't had it long, but it handled beautifully through the 16.5 inches of snow we got. I feel very safe having my 1 year old son in it. It is so comfortable, and the space is just perfect. It is a smaller SUV- not meant for hauling big loads, so the trunk isn't what you'd find in a large SUV. I haven't had any problems, and get very decent gas mileage.

Gas mileage, comfort, space, it's a very sturdy car.

Bigger gas tank and to move the cupholders up- I feel like they are too far down.

• SUV