2007 Jeep Compass - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Compass model:
Starting to have problems
By Sue on 12/31/08 21:58 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We bought our 07 Compass one year ago. We bought it because of the warranty. I loved it in the beginning, but in the year, we have replaced 5 speakers, need new tires (only 32,000 miles)and had a tie rod replaced. Now there is a terrible noise coming from the back rear area when the brakes are applied. Took it to the dealer, they said it was a CD case rattling in the cubby in the back, well I didn't know and took off, and it is still doing it. I am not happy I am thinking there is something wrong, maybe the ABS or something. I am not a happy JEEP person at this point. Anyone else have issues with noises in the back end??

We love our Compass
By BB on 12/02/08 20:21 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Compass Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This has been an absolutely great vehicle. It has restored our faith in American automakers! We live in a rural area with lots of snow and this is great. Good tight handling, smooth transmission and lots of storage. Gas mileage is around 26-28 mpg. Very comfortable seats with an excellent sound system. We've had no problems so far after 18,000 plus miles in all kinds of weather. This vehicle gives me peace of mind for my family with all of the safety features. Why buy a Honda or Toyota when you can get a Jeep Compass!

Not Recommended
By ScMotoz on 12/02/08 09:12 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this with 0 miles on it. Have driven it for more than a year now and have had more problems than any other vehicle than I have ever seen. Bought for 19000 now I cant even get a dealer to offer more than 7000 for it. Not reliable. Have had 3 Trans, and a motor already. I get 18 MPG in city and 12 or so on Highway. I have 5- SPD and pull 4000-4500 RPM at highway speeds. Suspension is already shot in rear. Good thing for warranty. I recommend Do NOT buy this vehicle. And I really hope someone reads this review and changes their mind. I wouldn't wish this car upon my worst enemy. Oh yeah even the "Stain resistant" seats leave spots from anything. This car is bull.

Dont buy one
By gary on 11/22/08 03:17 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Compass Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had jeeps since the 1950's buying new ones every other year. Never have I bought one as bad as this one. Noisy and rough riding. Terrible blind spots when driving. Save your money and buy a different model.

great vehicle
By brise31503 on 11/15/08 18:22 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Compass Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first Jeep. I was a little hesitant to but one but I have always been a Dodge fan so I figured Jeep has been around for a while and got my compass I am very very satisfied more so than any other vehicle I have owned and I have owned about 15 so the compass has by far exceeded my expectations on long trips and just for fun even with the family and my mother who only likes Cadillac she loves my compass and is thinking of buying one I will be a repeat Jeep customer. No problems with my Jeep have over 65,000 miles on it on and off road very versatile...... Jeep has done it and I am proud to say I am happy with my vehicle

Great Vehicle
By Coloradoguy on 11/08/08 11:13 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We looked at both US and import small SUV's and bought Compass based on vehicle cost and availability of CVT. Have taken long road trips and love the vehicle. Absolutely zero warranty or other problems. Average around 27 MPG on road and 25 in city driving. CVT works perfectly in mountain driving and often reaches 30 MPG due to lower average speed. Receive lots of questions from people as to how we like vehicle and know of two others buying a Compass based on our positive experience.

Pleasantly surprised
By Lots2Luv on 10/27/08 14:18 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Compass Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had the Compass for 2+ years. This coming year I am approaching the end of my lease and I am on the fence about keeping it. I have all the bells and whistles you can ask for in a vehicle that, I feel, is good looking to say the least. Leather Int.,satellite radio, 6cd changer, moonroof and more! I haven't had any problems except one minor one. after a while of sitting in the garage nose in without use the battery went dead (quick fix no big deal) couldn't push car when in neutral to get a jump! Weird right? Anyway, not sure of the overall long term quality and looking to compare but really, really have enjoyed my Compass up until this point!

By leroy on 09/16/08 10:57 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Compass Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We love this car. Great fuel economy. No problems at all. Tried to buy another make and glad we didn't now.

Surprising
By ricky0018 on 07/26/08 19:51 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned my Compass for about half a year. My initial thoughts weren't great, I was disappointed with the gas mileage and performance. Although it could use more power, the gas mileage has improved greatly w/time. I recently got lost in the Arizona mountains during a road trip and it handled great on ridiculous terrain. I was pleasantly surprised and am now content with my purchase.

Horrible Vehicle
By Bad Car on 07/20/08 00:42 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my Jeep for 8 months and I have now gone through 3 transmissions and also ABS sensors. I bought this car hoping that it would get me through college and unfortunately it has done nothing but give me problems and make me never want to purchase a Jeep again! If I were you I would not buy a Jeep compass and especially one with a manual!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.