2007 Jeep Compass - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Compass model:
not good car
By mike on 07/16/09 09:43 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Compass Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car always had some problem, I had to have a computer mod replaced twice the breaks went bad after 32k miles the front wheel bearing went bad the ball join, the control arm and the tie rods. This all went bad about a month after the car was out of warranty I would not buy another jeep product. I also have a wrangler that has had a bunch of problems.

LOVE IT!!!
By niblet15 on 06/16/09 12:49 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Compass Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have only had my compass for 2 weeks and so far I love it.

NEVER AGAIN
By cpallam on 05/19/09 02:22 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This vehicle was first car that I purchased along with being my first JEEP ever and let me just say that NEVER again will I step foot onto a Jeep Dealership. It could be the fact that they transmission they put in the vehicle is not serviceable as in you can't even have fluid added( was told this by a lady in the service department at the dealership)or could it be that the awful squealling sound when you go in reverse and use your brakes is only fixable by going 40mph and slamming on your brakes, or that I only have one more turn on the rotars and it's already warping again. Let's not mention the HORRIBLE blindspots that have contributed to SEVERAL close calls!

Jeep Compas Needs Help
By By John on 05/14/09 12:23 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Jeep Compass new in October 2006. A month later we had a major ice storm and the AWD and anti- lock brakes worked great! I was disappointed from the start about the highway mileage I was getting, the highest ever was 27 MPG. I visit my parents who live in another state regularly. This is the first vehicle I have had in the last 17 years that could not make the trip on a tank of gas. I have had both tie-rod ends replaced under warranty and the front brakes which I had to pay for. Items that you normally don't have problems with under 30,000 miles. The CD player lacks a compression mode to even the volume out. The dash board is very clunky looking. The YES seat fabric does not work.

You get what you pay for
By Ryann on 04/17/09 18:31 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I got this car after driving a Honda Civic. I didn't have a lot of money, and it had a great music package available. I wanted an SUV, and have actually noticed very little difference in gas mileage after my 03 Civic. I haven't had any major issues, some lights turned on for no reason, and my drivers side window controls have been replaced, and have to be replaced again. Also, cruise developed a habit of turning off. It is very comfortable, and with the music package and price is great for young people. It is small and roomy. It is a bit unconventional looking, which I don't enjoy, but you do get what you pay for.

Power steering issues
By Greg on 02/28/09 08:24 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Compass Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have read some of the other responses and up until now we have only had the air fuel assembly intake that contains the choke/butterfly mechanism replaced as it was faulty. But in saying that in the last month our Jeep Compass has blown it's power steering system lines twice and if not plugged in if temps get below -25 C, is harder starting. First set of tires only lasted 48000 kms. I live in Manitoba and it's nothing to see -40 temps and my Jeep has been great for the first two years so now I am starting to have a finicky vehicle in winter after having virtually no trouble.

2007 Compass
By Peter Waugh on 02/26/09 08:24 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We have owned our 2007 Jeep Compass for one year. It has 22,000 miles on it. It is the Sport 4x4 edition with automatic transmission. My wife is the primary driver of the vehicle. She loves it. We average 25 mpg. Overall satisfaction is very good. It does not have much power but it handles very well. I am over 6 feet tall and have plenty of room in either the front or rear seats. The 4 wheel drive is outstanding. We have had several snow storms this past year of a foot or more and it is like driving on bare pavement. If you are looking for an "off road" Jeep don't buy it. If you want a dependable 4x4 as a daily driver & commuting vehicle buy it!

overrated
By lulu on 02/22/09 11:08 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The Jeep compass is one of the most overrated vehicles out there. It is not a safe vehicle, it is a vehicle with Major engine problems. I've owned it since September 2007 and I decided to drive it to my grandmothers funeral in Georgia, big mistake I barely made it home, majors engine problems, and all of a sudden my suv started sounding like a motorcycle, it have bolt and electrical problems. Now I'm stuck with a 17,000 bill.

Jeepeee
By Dave on 01/30/09 17:27 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Compass Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have to say who ever rated the Compass for edmunds is in another world than me. I have owned several Grand Cherokees and Cherokees and the Compass outperformed all of them. It is much better in the snow, (and I live in NE PA. where we get a lot of snow.) The ride is better and the gas milage is fine contrary to the person rating it states. I averaged 25 miles a gallon. The Cherokees averaged 16!! The 2007 Compass handles great and the Stereo is crisp and clear. I also selected the 18 inch chrome wheels. SHARP! The only things I have to agree with is the Compass has a pretty dull interior and is sluggish to start (only) Once up to speed it can keep up with any 6 cylinder, period!

An OK Little SUV
By Jay on 01/12/09 12:34 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Compass Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my compass for 2 years, and I have had no major problems with it, aside from the computer needing to be flashed twice for recall stuff, but that seemed rather minor. I bought the FWD fro gas mileage, but after reading some other posts I appear to be getting pretty bad gas mileage, averaging only 25-26 on the highway, and about 20 in the city. Overall the interior has held up well but it is a bit boring when the "new" wears off. (hard plastic everywhere) I may be a bit biased (this is my first car with less than 220hp), but I think it needs more power! Put a V6 in it! All the safety computer stab. equipment works really well, but that's for another forum.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.