2007 Jeep Compass 2.4L 4-cyl. 4x4 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - 2007 Jeep Compass

2007 Jeep Compass SUV - Consumer Review

2007 Jeep Compass
By 2007 Compass on

2007 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased the Compass Sport 4x4 with the 26E package and the Driver Convenience Group. Having Jeeps pretty much most of my life I was pleasantly surprised when I took the Compass for a test drive, it rides like a car, very smooth but firm. From the exterior the vehicle looks kind of small, however when your inside there is ample room and the interior is very comfortable. I shopped around a lot driving everything from Toyota, Honda, Mazda, etc, however the smooth ride and the look is what I was sold on. Gas mileage has been better than the sticker; city roughly 25mpg and highway 30mpg.

Favorite Features

Cell phone holder is a nice feature, also the drivers convenience group is a must... having a built in compass, temperature, tire pressure monitor, etc, on the dash.

Suggested Improvements

Needs a little more power...example - passing vehicles or merging onto highways. Additionally, the rear headrests are large and attached to the rear seats, they cause some visibility issues.