2007 Jeep Compass SUV Consumer Reviews 13

2007 Jeep Compass - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Compass model:

2007 Compass Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
2007 Jeep Compass
By 2007 Compass

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased the Compass Sport 4x4 with the 26E package and the Driver Convenience Group. Having Jeeps pretty much most of my life I was pleasantly surprised when I took the Compass for a test drive, it rides like a car, very smooth but firm. From the exterior the vehicle looks kind of small, however when your inside there is ample room and the interior is very comfortable. I shopped around a lot driving everything from Toyota, Honda, Mazda, etc, however the smooth ride and the look is what I was sold on. Gas mileage has been better than the sticker; city roughly 25mpg and highway 30mpg.

Favorite Features

Cell phone holder is a nice feature, also the drivers convenience group is a must... having a built in compass, temperature, tire pressure monitor, etc, on the dash.

Suggested Improvements

Needs a little more power...example - passing vehicles or merging onto highways. Additionally, the rear headrests are large and attached to the rear seats, they cause some visibility issues.

It's great for what it was designed.
By btflmtnhgr

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I had a 1967 TLC wagon (rebuilt with bored out engine), lots of torque, tons of gas pulls Jeeps out of the ditch, traded an Audi Allroad wagon for the Compass and it gets better gas mileage and feels safer, is quieter to drive than my Sportster. People are complaining because it's not a luxury vehicle and not an off-roader...ya think! Ask Jeep - that's the point of the Compass.

Favorite Features

Color, body style (I'm a chick), burrito proof seats (got Yes fabric option), gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Rear air conditioning vents - although plenty strong enough to cool interior; add dog gate option/hooks.

It is a Jeep
By didiacat

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The Compass is more than I expected. It is not a Ferrari nor was it intended to be. It is a good stable ride. Holds the road well and once it get up to speed it can stay with the big boys. Anyone who is looking for 0 to 60 in 10 sec won't find it here. What they will find is reasonable acceleration and wonderful fuel economy. The ride is pleasant and reasonably quiet. It is fun to drive and with autostick activated it is even more fun. I don't wince when I drive up to the pump and I leave with a smile on my face. I like it, my wife likes it and my grand kids love it.

Favorite Features

Autostick.

Suggested Improvements

Re-design the console a tad more attention to fit and finish.

It's a Jeep thing!
By Heather

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought my Steel Blue 4x4 Sport and I am 100% completely in love with it! It's just the perfect size for an SUV and the gas mileage is great. I couldn't be more pleased. The ride is so smooth, as well as the CVT transmission. I think all the Compass haters need to go drive one before they make their final judgment. I didn't like it at first; one test drive is all it took!

Favorite Features

I love the grill; the classic Jeep! Other than that I'm going to have to name the gas mileage and the ever-so-smooth CVT transmission as mentioned above.

Suggested Improvements

The interior looks a little too cheap for me, but it's manageable. Also, I wish Jeep would give this great little SUV a little more power under the hood.

Downsizing for a Durango
By spiegs

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Coming from a LARGE suv I feared all small suv's. Boy was I relieved to find it roomy and very fun to drive! I can still pack a full cart from a day of shopping. My husband has even taken it out on some trails, he says it was surprising.

Favorite Features

GAS MILEAGE! A big change from the gas guzzler I used to have.

Suggested Improvements

Cruise control would be nice, even if I don't really use it. I don't like my options limited.

2007 Compass
By K Miller

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I just love my car. We wasn't even looking for an SUV but when my husband saw the new Compass and drove it that was it. I feel so safe in the Compass, I have never had a vehicle that I sit a little higher in and it makes all the difference in the world on how much better you can see.

Favorite Features

I enjoy the fact that you can make the drivers seat anyway you need it to go, pump it up so you can see better or for a taller person you can take it back down.

Suggested Improvements

At this time I don't have any improvements to mention, I haven't seen any

I wish I chosen a different suv
By keith

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Ahhhh - right now what I can say. It gets bad gas mileage and I have only 6706 miles on it and already had it in service department 3 times with window switches and engine light comes on. There is no power.

Favorite Features

Color and love it when I get out car alive.

Suggested Improvements

Needs better gas mileage and bigger engine. Better seats and better tires.

Love the Compass
By taz

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I just got a 2007 Compass and just love it. My husband saw it, drove it and within 3 hours bought it for me. I just love the room in it and it drive great. My husband is 6'5 and has lots of room in it. I am going to enjoy my new vehicle.

Favorite Features

The amount of space you have in it for a smaller vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

None so far.

Compass rocks!
By Gloria

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I am really happy with my Compass (purchased 7/13/06). The name was a little hard to remember at first but since I starting calling her "Compass Rose" the name fits perfectly. Funny though the car is NOT equipped with a compass. I traded in my '99 Jeep Cherokee Classic so, needless to say the ride is smooth, merging into traffic is effortless even with the 2.7, 4 cylinder engine, and not remarkably slower than the 4.0 liter in my Cherokee. The interior is comfortable, plenty of room in the backseat and the back doors are very accessible. I would however, change the headrests in the rear seat, as they are a bit high and tend to restrict visibility out of the rear window. Odometer: 158 miles.

Favorite Features

Extended visors. Cargo area deck NOT carpeted. Movable console with cellphone holder. Lots of drink holders, 'map' pockets in all doors. Shift knob with Jeep insignia is cool. Control panel with odometer/outdoor temperature and dual trip odometers.

Suggested Improvements

CRUISE CONTROL. Compass. Lower headrests in back seat which will improve visibility ( I am 5'1" and since the driver's seat does not raise, this has been a concern); also the mechanisms for the rear window wiper/washer cut down on amount of visibility.