2007 Jeep Compass SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Compass model:
2007 Jeep Compass
By 2007 Compass on 09/21/06 16:31 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased the Compass Sport 4x4 with the 26E package and the Driver Convenience Group. Having Jeeps pretty much most of my life I was pleasantly surprised when I took the Compass for a test drive, it rides like a car, very smooth but firm. From the exterior the vehicle looks kind of small, however when your inside there is ample room and the interior is very comfortable. I shopped around a lot driving everything from Toyota, Honda, Mazda, etc, however the smooth ride and the look is what I was sold on. Gas mileage has been better than the sticker; city roughly 25mpg and highway 30mpg.

It's great for what it was designed.
By btflmtnhgr on 09/18/06 09:26 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I had a 1967 TLC wagon (rebuilt with bored out engine), lots of torque, tons of gas pulls Jeeps out of the ditch, traded an Audi Allroad wagon for the Compass and it gets better gas mileage and feels safer, is quieter to drive than my Sportster. People are complaining because it's not a luxury vehicle and not an off-roader...ya think! Ask Jeep - that's the point of the Compass.

It is a Jeep
By didiacat on 08/23/06 13:41 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The Compass is more than I expected. It is not a Ferrari nor was it intended to be. It is a good stable ride. Holds the road well and once it get up to speed it can stay with the big boys. Anyone who is looking for 0 to 60 in 10 sec won't find it here. What they will find is reasonable acceleration and wonderful fuel economy. The ride is pleasant and reasonably quiet. It is fun to drive and with autostick activated it is even more fun. I don't wince when I drive up to the pump and I leave with a smile on my face. I like it, my wife likes it and my grand kids love it.

It's a Jeep thing!
By Heather on 08/22/06 07:43 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought my Steel Blue 4x4 Sport and I am 100% completely in love with it! It's just the perfect size for an SUV and the gas mileage is great. I couldn't be more pleased. The ride is so smooth, as well as the CVT transmission. I think all the Compass haters need to go drive one before they make their final judgment. I didn't like it at first; one test drive is all it took!

Downsizing for a Durango
By spiegs on 08/08/06 21:02 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Coming from a LARGE suv I feared all small suv's. Boy was I relieved to find it roomy and very fun to drive! I can still pack a full cart from a day of shopping. My husband has even taken it out on some trails, he says it was surprising.

2007 Compass
By K Miller on 07/29/06 04:50 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I just love my car. We wasn't even looking for an SUV but when my husband saw the new Compass and drove it that was it. I feel so safe in the Compass, I have never had a vehicle that I sit a little higher in and it makes all the difference in the world on how much better you can see.

I wish I chosen a different suv
By keith on 07/24/06 11:57 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Ahhhh - right now what I can say. It gets bad gas mileage and I have only 6706 miles on it and already had it in service department 3 times with window switches and engine light comes on. There is no power.

Love the Compass
By taz on 07/21/06 07:11 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I just got a 2007 Compass and just love it. My husband saw it, drove it and within 3 hours bought it for me. I just love the room in it and it drive great. My husband is 6'5 and has lots of room in it. I am going to enjoy my new vehicle.

Compass rocks!
By Gloria on 07/17/06 19:51 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I am really happy with my Compass (purchased 7/13/06). The name was a little hard to remember at first but since I starting calling her "Compass Rose" the name fits perfectly. Funny though the car is NOT equipped with a compass. I traded in my '99 Jeep Cherokee Classic so, needless to say the ride is smooth, merging into traffic is effortless even with the 2.7, 4 cylinder engine, and not remarkably slower than the 4.0 liter in my Cherokee. The interior is comfortable, plenty of room in the backseat and the back doors are very accessible. I would however, change the headrests in the rear seat, as they are a bit high and tend to restrict visibility out of the rear window. Odometer: 158 miles.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.