Used 2007 Jeep Compass Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Jeep Compass - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Compass model:

I love my Compass!
By scarletbegonia

2007 Jeep Compass Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought mine back in May 2007, and have driven it all over the country since! I absolutely LOVE it! My only complaint is there is not a lot of "get up and go" power.

Favorite Features

It's super comfortable inside, very user friendly, and not too mention...the exterior looks HOT! (I got the chrome wheels and gas cap, on black). I haven't used the 4 wheel drive yet, but plan to soon on a trip to Big Bear. The upgraded Boston sound system is awesome.

Suggested Improvements

Oh, also mine has maxed out at 23 mpg, daily runs to and from work, it only gets about 21 mpg. So increase the MPG and a little more horse power, then it'd be near perfect!

Around town
By Bill

2007 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Can not say it is a full 4X4 but as a get around town all weather shopping kart it is the best. Great in snow and ice and good MPG

Life in the Middle Lane
By cylonrader

2007 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Decent power but great fuel economy. So it's a trade off there. Does good in every aspect. But not for serious jeepsters.

Favorite Features

Storage compartments, driver position, comfortable seats, dash layout, very competent 4x4 system.

Suggested Improvements

Arm rests needs padding. Better fit and finish on rear hatch.

Who are these experts?
By Vidin

2007 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We bought a 2007 Jeep Compass after trying several other models including the Honda Element(expensive) and the Subaru Impreza(ok). We have had the car for one year and put 18,000 miles. No problems, great in the snow, fun around town, comfortable back seat, averages 24 mpg just like it said it would. A great car that is getting a bad rap by people who don't own one. I would say look to the owners and see what they are saying. The biggest negative is the interior- which I like. And the fact it isn't "Trail Rated"- Hello McFly- not going on the Rubicon anytime soon! Give this one a second look and you won't be sorry.

Favorite Features

The style and the ride. The back seats are made for adults. Sirius is also nice.

Suggested Improvements

A Compass and maybe sport utility bars as a standard feature.

Don't believe car reviews
By Dan

2007 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Interesting that the owner reviews are averaging a 9. SUV handles well, is very comfortable to drive. Traded a 2001 PT Cruiser that we loved. Even road tested a 2008 PT Cruiser. Wouldn't think twice after testing the Compass. Upgraded the Sport version with A/C, sunroof, seats, etc. Well worth it.

Favorite Features

Ride is excellent, seats very comfortable, CVT trans works well.

Suggested Improvements

Like a bunch of other reviews, a built in compass would have been cool.