Used 2007 Jeep Compass SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Jeep Compass SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Compass model:

Love my Compass
By JILTHOMA

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I started looking for something that was fun to drive and had a unique look. As soon as I pulled out of the dealership for my test drive, I fell in love with how it handled. I have taken it on a few road trips and had amazing gas mileage. My only gripe (which is actually a good thing) is that I have had to learn to be to overly cautious with blind spots because I am a little shorter. That aside, I have recommended not only my Compass but Jeeps in general to anyone and everyone who will listen. It is an amazing SUV that gets great mileage (I average 30 mpg highway), haven't had any problems with upkeep, and is it a lot of fun to drive.

The interior console and dashboard are fantastic. There are so many little cubbies and holders for things, I never have to dig for my phone or a pen when I'm running through the bank drive through.

The sides of the windows are a little large and can create blind spots for shorter people.

Fun, Economical, Loaded
By EnjoyingIt

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my Compass for about a month. With all of the features that my 4x4 Limited has, it is a great value. I would have had to spend another five to seven thousand dollars to get a Honda or Toyota similarly equipped. Fun to drive, economical, and the darker colors are not bad looking in my opinion.

Seat warmers, fold down rear speakers for tailgating, satellite radio, leather seats. 5 spd. shifts nicely, and it gets decent mileage.

A little larger gas tank so that it can go farther between fill-ups. Possibly a little more storage room in the back compartment.

great car
By steve

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had the car for 1.5 years now. Everything works fine. Car is comfortable. Have had no problems

From day one I have always said it should have a 16 gallon tank instead of a 13.5. This would improve the cars range. Put door locking switch an passenger door.

Great Car For The Money!
By Mary

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Having switched from a 5-speed, V6 engine car, to this I-4 Jeep Compass was a huge difference (but I knew that before I bought it). The Compass has no take-off or get up & go power (so my days of quickly dashing out in front of tractor trailers and other cars are over. SMILES) However, it is still a great car and I am having a WONDERFUL time with it....so far.

Gas mileage!!! Heated leather seats, radio controls on steering wheel, Sirius, tinted windows, sunroof, and much more!

Give it more engine power and reduce the engine noise.

Dissappointed
By Jeep Compass

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the Jeep Compass because I had heard it was a great little SUV along with great reliability....I was very wrong!! I have had the brand new Jeep for only three months and just last week the transmission went out, and it only has 8,000 miles! The passenger door makes a loud screeching noise every time you open it and the rear doors are not even flush with the car. i have to say that is one of the cheapest, and most unreliable cars I have ever owned!

I do like the IPod direct connect to the radio. For being a 4cycle it does have some pretty good up and go.

The whole structure of the car. First starting with the interior..(cheap) and then second do something about the faulty transmissions.