Used 2007 Jeep Compass SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Jeep Compass SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Compass model:

All American Great Vehicle
By Jeeper

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

After 60K plus miles through all sorts of weather(rain, mud, ice, wind and terrain, on and off road, our Compass 4X4, manual tranny, has been simply a wonderful vehicle, doing it all, reliably and frugally. Transporting family for a night out on the town, long trips or hauling dogs, deer corn, welders and angle iron all over our family's hill country ranch, the Compass hasn't missed a beat. 29 miles plus per gallon on the highway and 22 plus in city driving. American made, reliable as sunrise. Jeep has done it again.

Does what I need from long highway trips, churning through mud, brush and harsh terrain on the ranch, and cleaned up to take my beloved wife to the nicest place for a date. All the while, sipping gas and no repairs. Check out the price for base model.

Would like to have a better rear view.

Manual -5 speed
By Dave

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I'm just wondering if the stiffness and stickiness in shifting gears is normal or is some thing wrong? Otherwise I am very pleased with the car,and my gas mileage on highway is about 33-35 mpg. Thanks!

mileage,room, easy driving, looks and nice comments.

easier shifting, should come with compass,

I love my Compass!
By Teresa

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I never bought a new car before, always bought used. That is until I first saw the Compass back in September of 2006! It's body style is so unique, I had to check it out. Now, 18 months later, I still love my Compass inside and out! I have had only one minor problem, an air sensor, which was quickly diagnosed and replaced. I get between 24 and 25 mpg and I would say that 75% of my driving is city versus highway!

Body style, interior space, stereo system (optional)

Seats, especially rear are a bit hard. Material used to cover doors is too easily scratched by the retracting seatbelt.

After almost a year, I'm still impressed
By Brooks

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car is amazing for what it is. The key part however, is "what it is". It is everything I expected. I purchased this for my wife, and If you are looking for a good gas mileage true 4x4 (and not those pesky AWD only things running around), there's nothing better. I have been so impressed that I sold my 2005 Ford and bought a patriot myself. I'm 6'9", and even with me driving a 6'6" person can fit comfortably behind me. This isn't true of most Cadillacs, more or less a compact SUV? The ESP and other features work wonders, and I honestly believe this may be the most versatile drive train on any vehicle. Not sure why they may a 2WD version though. jeep has turned it around big time!

The CVT is great once you get used to it, the electromagnetic 4x4 works great for onroad driving. Gas mileage is good. Easy to clean interior huge plus. Appearance, performance, AWD + 4x4, strong 172 hp motor, huge interior room, has all the features available that someone would want are all pluses

There is some road noise, but it's a jeep. I expected it. Needs some non-slip grip in the understereo compartment, things slide right out. NO automatic headlights is the only huge complaint I have with it. To think, a car today doesn't have that option?

Rain in Seattle!
By Grammy

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love my car. It was a gift from my family. There are more positive things about my car than negative however I have had serious water leaking in my car problems. Seattle get a lot of rain. This winter my entire floorboard has been flooded due to a leak from the roof rack. A week in the shop and now I have massive water leaking through the front light dome dripping on the gear panel. The dealership is working with me and willing to replace the carpet. Because I didn't buy the extended warranty, they would not give me a loaner and they want a good review in customer service! I have complained about squeaky brakes and the rust that build up on the tire rim. Their response is that is normal. Lemon law!

Leather seats. Just the right size for a Grammy. Music system is wonderful! Comfortable. Attractive.

Better gas mileage. Padded interior doors and panels because it is too easy to get scratched. Better gas mileage or live up to what you advertise. Less noise on the wheel. Fix the rust on the rims. Have a better policy on repairs on manufacture errors. I should have been given a loaner!