2007 Jeep Compass - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Compass model:
Solid Car
By Lance Beasman on 01/17/07 15:08 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Originally shopping for the Caliber, but they were in short supply .The reason was because the Compass was being built (yes, they share the same assembly plant). It is a great car for the daily commute, especially with the Sirius radio. The rear headroom is higher, albeit the rear legroom is lacking. I should have bought one with option 26E. This would have included reclining rear seats!

Bouncin in my Jeep Compass and lovin' it
By Dana D. on 01/17/07 13:14 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Coming from a '91 Jeep Cherokee (which I still have and love), this car is the best thing Jeep has done in a long time. Love the CVT! This has everything I wanted in a vehicle and in a Jeep and lots of it, styling, design, comfort, fuel economy, command of the road view, handling is excellent. I have all of the options, 26E package, bright silver metallic, sunroof, 6-disc changer, driver convenience group, trailer tow prep group, full size spare, YES essentials premium seats, everything but autostick and 4WD. I am tired of all the bashing people are doing in the reviews. I drove the Liberty, and am so glad I waited. Great "Badge Engineering" and nice job, JEEP!

This is one neat Jeep
By Golden Girl on 01/16/07 18:19 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Compass Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I sold my minivan because of the mileage. I compared this Jeep to the RAV4 and other Japanese vehicles. I am so satisfied with my Jeep purchase starting with the price. It is comfortable, economical, and handles very well in the Michigan winter. This car is worth the money and will do all you ask of it. It will not win any races but once you get it on the highway you will be very satisfied. Try it. I think you will be very surprised!

I love my Compass!
By L. Russell on 01/15/07 11:38 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Since buying my Jeep Compass last year, I have absolutely no regrets. It is the perfect vehicle for young, hip professionals that need more room than a car but don't want to sacrifice style in the process. It comes with a great sound system, comfortable seats, and lots of legroom in the back. Driving the Compass is so much fun! (Get the sunroof- it's worth it!).

By Edwin on 01/09/07 14:09 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I am getting 23 to 27.5 miles per gallon around town. Has more usable space than a car for hauling etc.

Just Purchase My First Jeep
By Frank Freeman on 12/24/06 10:58 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Compass Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I think Jeep made a gigantic step forward in the design of the 2007 Compass. Until I saw and researched the feature of the 2007 Compass, I always thought the Jeep was an off road vehicle. I never liked its design, because it reminded me of a box. I realize that most Jeep models are primarily an off the road vehicle, and that the design has remained the same for years. So, I understand why some buyers are shocked to see a Jeep with a modern design, with its primary use on the highway. It is great for for those of us who live in the snow country, and yet want a family car. It would be my hope that the Jeep designers continue their forward thinking.

I Love My Little Jeep
By docgent on 12/16/06 18:12 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Compass Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car is really amazing and I love the fuel economy. It has some zip in the city and fun in the mountains. I owned a Honda Element for 3 years and sold it and bought this dandy of a vehicle. It rides great and feels like a car, yet has the room and comfort of a expensive SUV.

Compact Jeep
By Brad L on 12/15/06 11:37 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Compass Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased Compass ~1 week ago after looking at many other small SUVs. Traded in a Toyota Prius as I needed 4WD for northeast winter driving. The pricing was acceptable, being less than most SUV models. The engine seems strong for a 4 cylinder. Lots of safety equipment as standard equipment. Like the lock in 4WD option and the manual shift. On the negative side, however, I'm disappointed in fuel economy averaging only about 23 mpg highway. The vehicle is truly a compact SUV. Not much leg room in rear seating area. Very limited cargo space. Several blind spots w/ solid head rests in rear seats. Front cup holders are inaccessible. Build quality is suspect with lots of hard plastics.

Great Little SUV
By Jay on 12/11/06 05:40 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Compass Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've wanted an SUV for a While, but never liked how they handled or the gas mileage. The Compass sits a little lower and drives more like a car (can take turns a little faster. It gets good mileage, but I didn't buy it for this. It has plenty of room and is lots of fun to drive. I notice people look at me a lot, I don't know if its just a brand new car (model too) or just that I'm a good looking guy. Overall I'm very pleased with my purchase and look forward to having it a very long time.

Fills the niche
By schill27 on 11/29/06 10:04 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've only had this vehicle for a short amount of time but in that amount of time I have come to truly enjoy it. What many consider negative features of the Compass truly don't understand what they're driving. Yes, from a stand still it takes the CVT some time to get to full highway speeds. However, short of drag racing or awkward on-ramps, how often does someone get on an expressway starting at 0 MPH? Lack of cargo space? Not really. The Compass has adequate space for everyday necessities, and with the 60/40 back seats I can't imagine not having enough room. I'd target this vehicle at a younger audience who want nice features with an affordable price tag.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.