2007 Jeep Compass - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Compass model:
2007 Jeep Compass
By C. Foster on 03/26/07 11:47 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The 2007 Jeep Compass is fabulous! In a world of monster trucks and SUV's, this is a perfect compromise for the consumer who wants the space and height of a smaller truck, but drives like a car. The fuel economy is amazing. I am averaging 25mpg (street and highway), which is great because I have been driving it a lot. Regardless of what some of the critics say about the interior being cheap, I disagree. The interior features are amazing, from the YES Essentials (non-stain) fabric, to the power windows and doors, Sirius radio, 6-in dash CD player, ample speakers, universal garage door remote control, cruise control, and Bluetooth handsfree phone feature. Very comfortable. Fun!

Critics are too Critical
By Jim on 03/15/07 07:55 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Although the Compass is a Consumer's Digest "Best Buy" and an Edmund's Lowest Cost to own vehicle, auto magazine critics and Jeep traditionalists have not had many nice things to say about the Compass, which almost swayed me from purchasing a new Compass. Fortunately I test drove one, and for the money, you can not beat the ride, features, safety and all around capability of this vehicle. It's fun, practical and confident inspiring. Many critics make the mistake faulting this model because it is not like the more rugged, trail rated Jeep line-up. I don't think that was ever Jeep's intent. Kudo's to Jeep for thinking and building outside the box.

Good Choice!
By BS PA. on 03/13/07 20:28 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Compass Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I was a little nervous about going from a Grand Cherokee to the Compass. I have owned 4 Jeeps up to now and was very lucky with all of them. This little thing turned out to be BETTER on bad roads than the Cherokee! Never even "Fish Tailed". It rides nice, get 24-25 miles per gallon, and has a terrific stereo system. Over all I'm very pleased.

High Gas Mileage Jeep
By Ken Kotarski on 03/02/07 09:57 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this 4x4 Jeep Compass for higher gas mileage. And with the snow and ice lately on the roads, it's still a road holding Jeep!

Good looking; Good runner
By Larry J. on 02/23/07 16:53 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love the way the Jeep Compass handles, darting in and out of lanes, feels tight and in control. The CVT feels very good, and I have not noticed any problems when merging on the highway. I own a 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited, and I like driving the Compass more than the Limited. I can live with the interior in the Compass, because I opted for the 26E package, and it has all the same stuff as my 96 Limited, plus I got a sun roof and satellite radio.

Urban CUV
By UrbanGuy on 02/19/07 20:28 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Sport 4x4 26E pkg. Tough American look in a sea of foo foo Asian lookalikes. Simple and easy to clean interior with just the right amount of functions. Lots of get up and go, steep hills and merging on highway no sweat. 5'11" and I have room to stretch in all seats. Snow & ice are no challenge and ABS stops jeep straight and true on ice. 2,500 miles and no problems.

Where is the mileage?
By Betty on 02/13/07 09:28 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Compass Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My Compass, at its best, gets 23 mpg, routinely 19-20. Dealer says I need 10,000 miles before it is broken in. Now has 4,500 miles. Frustrated, it does not perform as advertised.

tricked out green limited with tan leather
By isaac on 02/10/07 09:04 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Compass Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had the Compass a couple weeks. Had to wait 2 months for them to build my car. WORTH THE WAIT. The green is distinctive and the tan leather is nice inside. True the interior is a little Fisher Pricey, but so many features for the price. Heated seats, Sirius, Bluetooth, 4wd, 18" tires, trip computer, ski rack (dealer after market). I traded in my 2000 CR-V. The Compass is a much tighter drive -- more car like. It is considerably smaller too. I really love it. For me I am an enthusiast for leasing an inexpensive car with all the options. It's economical for us who like features/gadgets and it makes driving fun. If you like that idea take a look at the Compass.

John's 2007 Jeep Compass Review
By John on 01/19/07 09:38 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

DISLIKES: CVT at startup in cold weather is balky. Engine is noisy during acceleration. Highway mileage is not what is expected. The Ipod/phone holder is inconvenient to use while driving. You have to turn and look back to see it. Can't use arm rest with holder open. The center front armrest is too far back to be useful. Rear window wiper is too small. Trip odometer control is hard to reach. Location of cruise control is inconvenient. Standard CD player lacks compression feature. Standard sound system bass is poor. Location of rear defrost control is small and inconveniently located. LIKES: Heater warms up fast. Handling. Folding seats. Style.

I love my Compass
By Selena on 01/18/07 08:44 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I walked in the showroom to take care of some business and it was sitting there. I thought I really liked this truck so test drove it. Came back the next day and asked if they would sell it to me. I really love my Compass; nice lady truck - not big and bulky.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.