Used 2007 Jeep Compass Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Jeep Compass - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Compass model:

Great Vehicle
By Coloradoguy

2007 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We looked at both US and import small SUV's and bought Compass based on vehicle cost and availability of CVT. Have taken long road trips and love the vehicle. Absolutely zero warranty or other problems. Average around 27 MPG on road and 25 in city driving. CVT works perfectly in mountain driving and often reaches 30 MPG due to lower average speed. Receive lots of questions from people as to how we like vehicle and know of two others buying a Compass based on our positive experience.

Gas mileage, CVT transmission, lack of problems with vehicle, interior space, driving height, turning radius, comfortable seats, 110 volt outlet

passenger side auto down window, decrease road noise,

Pleasantly surprised
By Lots2Luv

2007 Jeep Compass Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had the Compass for 2+ years. This coming year I am approaching the end of my lease and I am on the fence about keeping it. I have all the bells and whistles you can ask for in a vehicle that, I feel, is good looking to say the least. Leather Int.,satellite radio, 6cd changer, moonroof and more! I haven't had any problems except one minor one. after a while of sitting in the garage nose in without use the battery went dead (quick fix no big deal) couldn't push car when in neutral to get a jump! Weird right? Anyway, not sure of the overall long term quality and looking to compare but really, really have enjoyed my Compass up until this point!

satellite radio, bluetooth, 6 cd chngr, leather interior, steering wheel controls, moonroof, tailgate speaker, Tire rims and size etc.....

should be able to push vehicle when in Neutral! Oh and the off white fabric on the interiors overhead was not a good idea.

By leroy

2007 Jeep Compass Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We love this car. Great fuel economy. No problems at all. Tried to buy another make and glad we didn't now.

handling.

console is hard to use,could be larger.

Surprising
By ricky0018

2007 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned my Compass for about half a year. My initial thoughts weren't great, I was disappointed with the gas mileage and performance. Although it could use more power, the gas mileage has improved greatly w/time. I recently got lost in the Arizona mountains during a road trip and it handled great on ridiculous terrain. I was pleasantly surprised and am now content with my purchase.

Reliability, really lives up to the Jeep name. And of course the TRUE 4x4.

Comfortable Interior More HP An actual Compass (std) I would also like for the rear window on the tailgate to open separately, like every other compact SUV.

Horrible Vehicle
By Bad Car

2007 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my Jeep for 8 months and I have now gone through 3 transmissions and also ABS sensors. I bought this car hoping that it would get me through college and unfortunately it has done nothing but give me problems and make me never want to purchase a Jeep again! If I were you I would not buy a Jeep compass and especially one with a manual!

The MP3 direct hook-up, and the sound system.

The whole car needs a good looking over!