Used 2007 Jeep Compass Limited SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Jeep Compass - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Compass model:

Most Helpful|
worthless investment
By Paul

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Jeep billed this little jewel as a great buy. I feel that I have been cheated. The fuel economy is what attracted me to this vehicle initially. After I bought it I quickly found out that the posted MPG were very WRONG. Then, within one month of purchasing the vehicle, the manufacturer posts new fuel economy numbers for the stupid thing. Guess what...they were lower than originally posted. Their response to my complaint, "Sorry.". Never again.

Favorite Features

None.

Suggested Improvements

Don't dress up a lemon.

Okay for the price
By Jackie

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have 60,000 miles on my Jeep and am thinking of getting a new one. I have only replaced the tires, rear brakes and done my regular maintenance. Nothing else. I replaced the CD player because the factory brand is cheap. Also I was re ended in it, completely totaled the other car, just a scratch on my bumper. I love the 4WD and great gas mileage. It is a great car for a mom or a student. It handles nicely. It is strange though that cruise control is not standard. I don't have it. I am thinking of getting a new 2010 Compass. Great jeep for the price!

Favorite Features

4WD, Color, body style

Suggested Improvements

Cloth seats should be leather, need power seats to be standard, on star would be nice. Needs to pick up speed a little faster.

Nice 2nd jeep
By Ron

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this Compass few months back used with extended warranty, now I have 42000 miles on it and the only thing that has been done is oil changes, rotate and balance tires. No maintenance issues at all. Easy to park, get in and out of I'm 6'1", best rear leg room for small car, fun to drive, I own 2 Wranglers 97, 04 they are my real 4wd. This fwd Compass is a real jewel, average mpg 25.

Favorite Features

Heated leather seats, rear leg room, leather audio control steering wheel 18" chrome wheels, sunroof.

Suggested Improvements

Softer arm rest, windshield antenna, power driver seat.

great vehicle
By brise31503

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first Jeep. I was a little hesitant to but one but I have always been a Dodge fan so I figured Jeep has been around for a while and got my compass I am very very satisfied more so than any other vehicle I have owned and I have owned about 15 so the compass has by far exceeded my expectations on long trips and just for fun even with the family and my mother who only likes Cadillac she loves my compass and is thinking of buying one I will be a repeat Jeep customer. No problems with my Jeep have over 65,000 miles on it on and off road very versatile...... Jeep has done it and I am proud to say I am happy with my vehicle

Favorite Features

radio controlled from steering column, heated seats, roof racks, and the 6 disk in dash cd player

Suggested Improvements

a little more rugged interior for the jeep quality would be nice but like i said i am happy with mine

An OK Little SUV
By Jay

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my compass for 2 years, and I have had no major problems with it, aside from the computer needing to be flashed twice for recall stuff, but that seemed rather minor. I bought the FWD fro gas mileage, but after reading some other posts I appear to be getting pretty bad gas mileage, averaging only 25-26 on the highway, and about 20 in the city. Overall the interior has held up well but it is a bit boring when the "new" wears off. (hard plastic everywhere) I may be a bit biased (this is my first car with less than 220hp), but I think it needs more power! Put a V6 in it! All the safety computer stab. equipment works really well, but that's for another forum.

Favorite Features

The heated seats, boston speaker upgrade (the flip down speakers in liftgate...that I've used 1 time), and the exterior look. It is a sharp looking vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

Better Gas mileage, aV-6, being able to lift just the back glass, some padding on the center armrest,relocate the cell / ipod holder from the armrest to near the center console (beside shifter maybe). This one may be a shock, but i think this vehicle should have been a car, Jeep needs a car.