Used 2007 Jeep Compass Sport SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Jeep Compass - Consumer Reviews

2007 Jeep Compass SUV

View reviews for a specific Compass model:

Terrible car experience
By andera11

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This 2007 Jeep Compass is the worst vehicle to drive. It is not reliable; there is always something wrong with it. I had my Transmission Oil Temp light come on within a week of purchasing the vehicle. Roughly 2 weeks later, it came on again and now 8 months later it has come on yet again. The RPM's go up and the speed goes down within 1-3 minutes after the light comes on; makes you pull over on the road side for the vehicle to cool down. Definitely not worth anyone's time. Not happy at all. On top of it, they say it is something different every time I take it in to get fixed.I have also had the control arm and sway bar and bushings replaced in the front at 66552 miles.

Suggested Improvements

add more room in cargo. Definitely can't pack up an infant and 2 adults to go on vacation in this vehicle. Also a carseat does not fit well. The driver and passenger in the front seat do not sit comfortably.

Love This Jeep!
By T.T.

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this Jeep to drive back and forth to work and on business trips since my F-150 isn't the best on gas. Best Decision I made! This jeep gets 26-27 city and 29-30 on the hwy! Lots of room and I love the trunk area. My Black Lab rides back there with plenty of room to move around. This jeep also has lots of nooks and crannies to store stuff which is great. I wouldn't trade my jeep for anything!

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, lots of room, GREAT price!

Suggested Improvements

Cruise control has a mind of its own occasionally but I think it's just a short in the wiring. Cloth seats could be a little nicer.

Disheartened
By Paula

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought our compass 8/30/06. On day 33 my car broke down in the middle of the street. I was able to start it again and brought it to the dealer. Phantom issue I guess because it happens weekly. I get maybe 15 mpg city. I only drive it to work because I'm afraid if we vacation it'll break down again. This past weekend my husband finally experienced the break down. We tried to jump start it ourselves, the tow co too. Nothing. We tried to go for the "Lemon" law in the first 33 days and then in the first 23 months and were told that there were no service records and we had the burden of proof. it's disheartening.The dealers suggests we buy a Preowned and certified from them. No trust!

Not crazy about it
By blackhaus50

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Got this 07 compass from my parents for only 3k. Was a gift, we just had a baby and they wanted something bigger. Not a bad looking SUV but the 2.4 has no power. Feel like I'm towing a boat behind me! The interior is small for our liking, hate where the cup holders are and not much room in the back seats. But hey I only got it for 3k with 20k on it. It is what it is. A gift. I just wouldn't buy one. We have a 07 grand Cherokee a much more powerful and bigger SUV

Favorite Features

it looks real nice and gas mileage is good (should be better for a 4cyl) rides good over bumps for a small SUV.

Suggested Improvements

Needs a v6 in this thing and a little update in the interior.

New are lemons
By sinus

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have been having problems with this car since I bought it. Now the suspension is jack up the steering wheel making loud noise. The brakes feel like they going to give out especially when I am going down a street and trying to stop. The brake feel like it's touching the ground this should not be going on. I bought this brand new, very upset. Now I want this car back. I am scared of this monster.

Favorite Features

gas mileage is good the design is great in the interior is great and very compact

Suggested Improvements

all the jeeps should get a recall and go back on the assembled line and and get a clean bill of health