2007 Jeep Compass SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Compass model:
Terrible car experience
By andera11 on 06/27/13 07:18 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This 2007 Jeep Compass is the worst vehicle to drive. It is not reliable; there is always something wrong with it. I had my Transmission Oil Temp light come on within a week of purchasing the vehicle. Roughly 2 weeks later, it came on again and now 8 months later it has come on yet again. The RPM's go up and the speed goes down within 1-3 minutes after the light comes on; makes you pull over on the road side for the vehicle to cool down. Definitely not worth anyone's time. Not happy at all. On top of it, they say it is something different every time I take it in to get fixed.I have also had the control arm and sway bar and bushings replaced in the front at 66552 miles.

Love This Jeep!
By T.T. on 12/02/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this Jeep to drive back and forth to work and on business trips since my F-150 isn't the best on gas. Best Decision I made! This jeep gets 26-27 city and 29-30 on the hwy! Lots of room and I love the trunk area. My Black Lab rides back there with plenty of room to move around. This jeep also has lots of nooks and crannies to store stuff which is great. I wouldn't trade my jeep for anything!

Disheartened
By Paula on 08/15/10 15:29 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought our compass 8/30/06. On day 33 my car broke down in the middle of the street. I was able to start it again and brought it to the dealer. Phantom issue I guess because it happens weekly. I get maybe 15 mpg city. I only drive it to work because I'm afraid if we vacation it'll break down again. This past weekend my husband finally experienced the break down. We tried to jump start it ourselves, the tow co too. Nothing. We tried to go for the "Lemon" law in the first 33 days and then in the first 23 months and were told that there were no service records and we had the burden of proof. it's disheartening.The dealers suggests we buy a Preowned and certified from them. No trust!

Not crazy about it
By blackhaus50 on 07/17/10 11:08 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Got this 07 compass from my parents for only 3k. Was a gift, we just had a baby and they wanted something bigger. Not a bad looking SUV but the 2.4 has no power. Feel like I'm towing a boat behind me! The interior is small for our liking, hate where the cup holders are and not much room in the back seats. But hey I only got it for 3k with 20k on it. It is what it is. A gift. I just wouldn't buy one. We have a 07 grand Cherokee a much more powerful and bigger SUV

New are lemons
By sinus on 06/10/10 15:25 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have been having problems with this car since I bought it. Now the suspension is jack up the steering wheel making loud noise. The brakes feel like they going to give out especially when I am going down a street and trying to stop. The brake feel like it's touching the ground this should not be going on. I bought this brand new, very upset. Now I want this car back. I am scared of this monster.

A COMPLETE Shocker
By afterrainjosh on 03/22/10 05:48 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Contrary to what some reviewers have said, I was blown away on all fronts by the Compass. The comfort of the drive is astounding. The handling and power is better than my wife's $50,000 sports car (I am not kidding. Her exact words were "Oh my gosh; honey! It's amazing"), the gas mileage is nothing short of amazing- we have recorded between 29 and 30 mpg on the freeway. The style of interior design is on par with similarly priced other makes; however the actual layout is extremely functional- everything is naturally where it should be- the little added touches (removable flashlight, power outlets, LOTS of storage, and seats that all fold flat to create a HUGE cargo area) are great too

NOT A SAFE CAR - DOES NO HANDLE IN WET
By sunshine on 10/07/09 14:35 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car is almost 3 years old and since the beginning I have told the dealer it slides when braking and taking off on wet roads - badly. They always have said nothing is wrong. Now they tell me it must be the tires and I should spend $600.00 on different tires, to my reply was so you sold me a car with unsafe tires. I got a shrug of shoulder response. This coupled with horrible rear and rear sides visibility due to huge v shaped metal between rear and side windows and non-movable headrests make it an unsafe vehicle. I will not even take it on a trip or out if it is raining or about to rain.

awesome
By akersey2 on 08/21/09 12:14 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've been reading the reviews that have been posted and I don't know what to say about all the problems that they have been having with the vehicle. I purchased my 1st Jeep Compass in Dec. 2006. The following May I was in a car accident when a dump truck hit my passenger side and pushed it to the driver's side. I was very grateful that the vehicle's structure was saved my life. A month later I went out and purchased my 2nd Jeep Compass and have had no problems with it. I've had it for 2 years now with 34K miles on it. I travel often to Texas from Iowa and have no issues.

Not Recommended
By ScMotoz on 12/02/08 09:12 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this with 0 miles on it. Have driven it for more than a year now and have had more problems than any other vehicle than I have ever seen. Bought for 19000 now I cant even get a dealer to offer more than 7000 for it. Not reliable. Have had 3 Trans, and a motor already. I get 18 MPG in city and 12 or so on Highway. I have 5- SPD and pull 4000-4500 RPM at highway speeds. Suspension is already shot in rear. Good thing for warranty. I recommend Do NOT buy this vehicle. And I really hope someone reads this review and changes their mind. I wouldn't wish this car upon my worst enemy. Oh yeah even the "Stain resistant" seats leave spots from anything. This car is bull.

Great Vehicle
By Coloradoguy on 11/08/08 11:13 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We looked at both US and import small SUV's and bought Compass based on vehicle cost and availability of CVT. Have taken long road trips and love the vehicle. Absolutely zero warranty or other problems. Average around 27 MPG on road and 25 in city driving. CVT works perfectly in mountain driving and often reaches 30 MPG due to lower average speed. Receive lots of questions from people as to how we like vehicle and know of two others buying a Compass based on our positive experience.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.