2007 Jeep Compass - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Compass model:
Okay for the price
By Jackie on 06/15/10 18:03 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Compass Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have 60,000 miles on my Jeep and am thinking of getting a new one. I have only replaced the tires, rear brakes and done my regular maintenance. Nothing else. I replaced the CD player because the factory brand is cheap. Also I was re ended in it, completely totaled the other car, just a scratch on my bumper. I love the 4WD and great gas mileage. It is a great car for a mom or a student. It handles nicely. It is strange though that cruise control is not standard. I don't have it. I am thinking of getting a new 2010 Compass. Great jeep for the price!

Nice 2nd jeep
By Ron on 12/06/09 07:18 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Compass Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this Compass few months back used with extended warranty, now I have 42000 miles on it and the only thing that has been done is oil changes, rotate and balance tires. No maintenance issues at all. Easy to park, get in and out of I'm 6'1", best rear leg room for small car, fun to drive, I own 2 Wranglers 97, 04 they are my real 4wd. This fwd Compass is a real jewel, average mpg 25.

worthless investment
By Paul on 08/03/09 13:58 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Compass Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Jeep billed this little jewel as a great buy. I feel that I have been cheated. The fuel economy is what attracted me to this vehicle initially. After I bought it I quickly found out that the posted MPG were very WRONG. Then, within one month of purchasing the vehicle, the manufacturer posts new fuel economy numbers for the stupid thing. Guess what...they were lower than originally posted. Their response to my complaint, "Sorry.". Never again.

An OK Little SUV
By Jay on 01/12/09 12:34 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Compass Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my compass for 2 years, and I have had no major problems with it, aside from the computer needing to be flashed twice for recall stuff, but that seemed rather minor. I bought the FWD fro gas mileage, but after reading some other posts I appear to be getting pretty bad gas mileage, averaging only 25-26 on the highway, and about 20 in the city. Overall the interior has held up well but it is a bit boring when the "new" wears off. (hard plastic everywhere) I may be a bit biased (this is my first car with less than 220hp), but I think it needs more power! Put a V6 in it! All the safety computer stab. equipment works really well, but that's for another forum.

great vehicle
By brise31503 on 11/15/08 18:22 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Compass Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first Jeep. I was a little hesitant to but one but I have always been a Dodge fan so I figured Jeep has been around for a while and got my compass I am very very satisfied more so than any other vehicle I have owned and I have owned about 15 so the compass has by far exceeded my expectations on long trips and just for fun even with the family and my mother who only likes Cadillac she loves my compass and is thinking of buying one I will be a repeat Jeep customer. No problems with my Jeep have over 65,000 miles on it on and off road very versatile...... Jeep has done it and I am proud to say I am happy with my vehicle

By leroy on 09/16/08 10:57 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Compass Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We love this car. Great fuel economy. No problems at all. Tried to buy another make and glad we didn't now.

Rain in Seattle!
By Grammy on 04/30/08 12:30 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Compass Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love my car. It was a gift from my family. There are more positive things about my car than negative however I have had serious water leaking in my car problems. Seattle get a lot of rain. This winter my entire floorboard has been flooded due to a leak from the roof rack. A week in the shop and now I have massive water leaking through the front light dome dripping on the gear panel. The dealership is working with me and willing to replace the carpet. Because I didn't buy the extended warranty, they would not give me a loaner and they want a good review in customer service! I have complained about squeaky brakes and the rust that build up on the tire rim. Their response is that is normal. Lemon law!

Love my Compass
By JILTHOMA on 04/08/08 22:20 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Compass Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I started looking for something that was fun to drive and had a unique look. As soon as I pulled out of the dealership for my test drive, I fell in love with how it handled. I have taken it on a few road trips and had amazing gas mileage. My only gripe (which is actually a good thing) is that I have had to learn to be to overly cautious with blind spots because I am a little shorter. That aside, I have recommended not only my Compass but Jeeps in general to anyone and everyone who will listen. It is an amazing SUV that gets great mileage (I average 30 mpg highway), haven't had any problems with upkeep, and is it a lot of fun to drive.

Glad I took a second look.
By S Nance on 12/05/07 20:56 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Compass Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Compass. Gas mileage is what they claimed it would be, and so fun to drive. I was looking for something smaller (had a Pacifica) to drive with better gas mileage. Turned out I don't feel I down graded - I love the look and feel of it. Has plenty of pep and love the way the seats will lay flat. Really designed well.

Just Fun to Drive!
By rivera7205 on 09/11/07 16:36 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Compass Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I fell in love with the Compass within the first 5 minutes of the test drive. It's so much fun and easy to handle. I traded in an Oldsmobile Bravada for this smaller, more fuel efficient crossover and have not been disappointed. It has tighter handling and is easier to manuever, especially when parking. My husband has a Grand Cherokee and it seems much stiffer in its handling. Like most new cars it took a couple hundred miles to break the engine in, but after a little driving under its belt the engine is extremely smooth. Overall the Compass is perfect for day to day driving.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.