2007 Jeep Compass - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Compass model:
Does not age gracefully...
By burauhaus on 01/17/14 08:44 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Compass Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this car used 07/2013, less than 85,000 mi, no warrantee offered. Within 2 months, we had to replace the trans control modulator; less than 30 days later, alternator was replaced also. None of this was covered by the dealership as we were told this was "normal wear and tear". Before the holidays our Jeep was backed into, resulting in some body damage & a thumping sound in the LF wheel (impact) area. Service says we now need to replace the RF wheel bearing AND the transmission, citing normal wear & tear, not from incident. Looking into lemon law for our state... this is RIDICULOUS! Would not buy this car again.

Terrible car experience
By andera11 on 06/27/13 07:18 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This 2007 Jeep Compass is the worst vehicle to drive. It is not reliable; there is always something wrong with it. I had my Transmission Oil Temp light come on within a week of purchasing the vehicle. Roughly 2 weeks later, it came on again and now 8 months later it has come on yet again. The RPM's go up and the speed goes down within 1-3 minutes after the light comes on; makes you pull over on the road side for the vehicle to cool down. Definitely not worth anyone's time. Not happy at all. On top of it, they say it is something different every time I take it in to get fixed.I have also had the control arm and sway bar and bushings replaced in the front at 66552 miles.

I love my Jeep Compass
By betsymac1969 on 01/09/13 14:18 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Jeep Compass brand new in 2007. I have never bought a brand new vehicle. I have paid off my vehicle and it still runs wonderful. I had to have the alternator replaced Jan 2012. It is still going strong with over 95,000 miles on it! I will probably drive this vehicle until it falls apart! I love the ride, the comfort and most importantly the reliability! Love it!

Jeep should be ashamed..
By slh22 on 07/08/11 20:57 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Compass Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my Compass brand new in 2007 and was so excited to have a reliable vehicle--wow was I wrong! Since buying my Jeep, I've had nothing but repairs. A new transmission around 30,000 miles, new sway bar, two new ball joints, front and rear brakes replaced, and now both of my outer tie rods need replaced--all of this with only 65,000 miles on it. Jeep really should be ashamed of the poor quality they put into this model. Coming from a "Jeep Family," I will never buy another one.

Glad to get rid of it!
By sdont on 04/04/11 20:08 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Compass Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I traded in my honda civic for a new jeep limited in 2007. I never had so many issues with my car in 12 yrs than I did in owning the jeep for 4 yrs. It was always something. Just had to replace the outer tie rods and replace 2 low profile tires the other day BILL=$500+ (I dont know why they put those tires on SUV's, tho its the popular thing to do these days). I just traded it in for a Kia Sportage...Love it so far, just hope I never run into the issues I had with the compass!

Love This Jeep!
By T.T. on 12/02/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this Jeep to drive back and forth to work and on business trips since my F-150 isn't the best on gas. Best Decision I made! This jeep gets 26-27 city and 29-30 on the hwy! Lots of room and I love the trunk area. My Black Lab rides back there with plenty of room to move around. This jeep also has lots of nooks and crannies to store stuff which is great. I wouldn't trade my jeep for anything!

It's been good to me
By tinocco on 11/22/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've had mine for more than 2 years, I got it when it had 21,000 mi. Now it has 55,000 mi. I've had two problems so far a sway bar link no big deal. But I got a problem with the power steering is leaking and I haven't fixed yet I just put some liquid sealer and I hasn't leaked since. I got around 24- 26 mpg on hwy 19-21 city not bad. Over all I'm happy with it.

NOT what you would expct from Jeep
By yooper906 on 11/11/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The day we bought our Jeep Compass we were excited, a sexy black ride, with great gas mileage, and four wheel drive. We though we had found the perfect vehicle. NOT THE CASE. Our Jeep has been in the shop so many times the service manager knows me and my wife by name, when we come in for oil changes he gives us a loaner because there is usually something else wrong. The front end components have been replaced numerous times, we have fought the lemon law fight, but have gotten the run around. Several tires have been chewed up by this beast. It is loud on the highway, underpowered, and most importantly, not mechanically sound. PLEASE, do not consider the Compass, they are trouble.

A serious piece of junk
By TimeLimitXceeded on 09/12/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Jeep Compass 4x4 with 47,000 miles on 3/1/10. I bought it from a Jeep dealership thinking the car would be in good shape. I had the car checked out by my mechanic and uncle and they both gave the go ahead. On June 5th my Jeep kept on stalling every single time I would come to a stop. After doing tons of research, I found that the PCM needed flashed.Done, no problems sense (warranty repair 80k on PCM) On Sept 9th at 53,000 miles while going in for an inspection, I was told by my mechanic that the Jeep was unsafe. Both control arms, ball joints and sway bar links needed as they were literally falling out of place. These are parts that are supposed to last not crumble at 50k!

Will Never buy another
By Paul on 08/29/10 15:08 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I will never own another Jeep Compass, and would seriously have to think hard before buying anything made by Chrysler again. a standard shift transmission usually doesn't go bad, yet only Chrysler can design one that needs replacing at 400 miles, and again at 22, and again at 35k. also needing replacement within 10,000 miles: steering system components, tires, shift boot (made of plastic and cracked) shift linkage and other warrantied parts. Nothing but trouble.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.