Used 2007 Jeep Compass Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Jeep Compass - Consumer Reviews

2007 Jeep Compass

View reviews for a specific Compass model:

Does not age gracefully...
By burauhaus

2007 Jeep Compass Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this car used 07/2013, less than 85,000 mi, no warrantee offered. Within 2 months, we had to replace the trans control modulator; less than 30 days later, alternator was replaced also. None of this was covered by the dealership as we were told this was "normal wear and tear". Before the holidays our Jeep was backed into, resulting in some body damage & a thumping sound in the LF wheel (impact) area. Service says we now need to replace the RF wheel bearing AND the transmission, citing normal wear & tear, not from incident. Looking into lemon law for our state... this is RIDICULOUS! Would not buy this car again.

Favorite Features

heated seats warm quickly, handles nicely in snow/icy conditions, decent gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

DISLIKE: transmission is an "all or nothing" fix, the constant breakdowns, overall quality of vehicle and its construction, standard tires should be more rugged (off-road ready), clearance between front/rear seats is minimal.

Terrible car experience
By andera11

2007 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This 2007 Jeep Compass is the worst vehicle to drive. It is not reliable; there is always something wrong with it. I had my Transmission Oil Temp light come on within a week of purchasing the vehicle. Roughly 2 weeks later, it came on again and now 8 months later it has come on yet again. The RPM's go up and the speed goes down within 1-3 minutes after the light comes on; makes you pull over on the road side for the vehicle to cool down. Definitely not worth anyone's time. Not happy at all. On top of it, they say it is something different every time I take it in to get fixed.I have also had the control arm and sway bar and bushings replaced in the front at 66552 miles.

Suggested Improvements

add more room in cargo. Definitely can't pack up an infant and 2 adults to go on vacation in this vehicle. Also a carseat does not fit well. The driver and passenger in the front seat do not sit comfortably.

I love my Jeep Compass
By betsymac1969

2007 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Jeep Compass brand new in 2007. I have never bought a brand new vehicle. I have paid off my vehicle and it still runs wonderful. I had to have the alternator replaced Jan 2012. It is still going strong with over 95,000 miles on it! I will probably drive this vehicle until it falls apart! I love the ride, the comfort and most importantly the reliability! Love it!

Jeep should be ashamed..
By slh22

2007 Jeep Compass Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my Compass brand new in 2007 and was so excited to have a reliable vehicle--wow was I wrong! Since buying my Jeep, I've had nothing but repairs. A new transmission around 30,000 miles, new sway bar, two new ball joints, front and rear brakes replaced, and now both of my outer tie rods need replaced--all of this with only 65,000 miles on it. Jeep really should be ashamed of the poor quality they put into this model. Coming from a "Jeep Family," I will never buy another one.

Favorite Features

I love the overall look and feel of the Compass. I have been in one accident with my Jeep and felt very safe considering the overall damage.

Suggested Improvements

Re-evaluate the quality of product Jeep puts its "name" to..stop cutting corners and selling junk!

Glad to get rid of it!
By sdont

2007 Jeep Compass Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I traded in my honda civic for a new jeep limited in 2007. I never had so many issues with my car in 12 yrs than I did in owning the jeep for 4 yrs. It was always something. Just had to replace the outer tie rods and replace 2 low profile tires the other day BILL=$500+ (I dont know why they put those tires on SUV's, tho its the popular thing to do these days). I just traded it in for a Kia Sportage...Love it so far, just hope I never run into the issues I had with the compass!