Works for Me
By kennyj on
2010 Jeep Commander Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)
I was looking for a reasonably priced smaller SUV with a 3rd row for my 2 kids if an extra adult or two wants to come along. So far I am very pleased with the overall package. The rear seat TV is a blessing with the kids but I will agree the 2nd and 3rd rows are a bit cramped for adults, especially if the front seat passengers are tall. But the front seats are comfortable and spacious and it works for a family of 4. I have had 4 adults plus my 2 kids in the back for a short trip and its a bit cramped but it works. An excursion or Yukon XL it isnt, but it fits in my smaller garage and easy to park and maneuver. Blind spots are huge, but no worse then any other boxy SUV I have driven.
Favorite Features
I think its a great looking SUV, has the classic Jeep look and looks a lot larger then it is. Its quiet and smooth riding on the highway, front seats are very comfortable for me. Radio/NAV was a little overwhelming at first but now that I have been driving it for a couple weeks I like it.
Suggested Improvements
Gas mileage is rough, but a 4wd, 5000lb box with 350hp is going to be hard on fuel no matter who makes it. Storage overall is a little short as well, but space is at a premium on this truck so not much can be done about it.