Not a real Jeep
By Le Roy Family on
2009 Jeep Commander Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)
Bought with 25 miles on the odometer. I come from a long line of JEEP lovers. Usually there is a lot of aftermarket support for JEEP except these fake Jeeps. I wanted a new JK 4 door but she wanted to seat 6+. So the Commander was it. At first she loved it as she only drives 16 miles to work and back 3 days. At only 1,400 miles the transmission seized and had to be fixed. We are at 10,000+ now. The back up warning and tire pressure monitor is constantly acting up and giving warning lights. I love it and hate it at the same time. The big boo boo is the IFS front suspension and the entire body is half plastic. I will stick with my 20 year old modified XJ at 200,000 miles, I can wheel it.
Favorite Features
I love the overall look of the vehicle, very JEEPish. Pretty peppy and also flex fuel.
Suggested Improvements
The Commander has the JEEP style, but that is it. Independent suspension? Come on JEEP, if I wanted that I would by a Toyota, this thing needs a solid axle front. The entire TRAIL RATED is total BS, tried wheeling it, fail! Very little aftermarket support, needs less plastic, more armor.