Jeep Commander
By JohnSt on
2009 Jeep Commander Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)
I picked up the Jeep Commander two weeks ago and have greatly enjoyed driving the truck. Prior vehicle was a 2004 Land Rover Discovery which was totaled. The overall package is very nicely done with the interior being far more impressive than I expected - the khaki color makes all the difference! I would have preferred the 4.7 liter V-8 but none were available in the Sport model - the 3.7 liter V-6 seems up to the task and it even has a nice growl on acceleration. The ride is magnificent for a truck and the transmission shifts smoothly. Leg room front and back is fine with lots of storage/cubby holes. Initial impression is extremely favorable!
Favorite Features
Smooth ride and responsive handling are the most noticeable features - someone spent a lot of time tuning the suspension and steering! I enjoy the autostick and believe it to be far more intuitive than competitors tiptronic like shifters. Boston Sound system is also excellent.
Suggested Improvements
More cargo space would be welcome and the third row of seats should be removable - I have no intention of ever putting anyone back there and would much preferred to have the option of carrying those seats around or not. Rear window area could be deeper. Also, a trailer hitch should be standard,