2008 Jeep Commander Consumer Review: It's a Jeep Commander Limited

2008 Jeep Commander SUV - Consumer Review

2008 Jeep Commander SUV

It's a Jeep Commander Limited 5.7 Hemi
By dr burke on

2008 Jeep Commander Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I am very impressed with my Jeep. It's fully loaded and roomy, for a single guy. It has a 5.7L Hemi with variable displacement engine. On the straight away, I drive on 4 cyl in 'power saver' mode and get 24 mpg @ 50 mph. I've found the sweet spot to be around 1500 rpm, if you aren't in a rush to get somewhere, it will increase your mpg by 5-10 mpg. I expect after more break in to average 26-28 mpg on regular gasoline. I am happy with my MDE. A few suggestions: When taking off, when you reach 25 mph, 'Resume' cruise control. And run on 1/2 fuel to increase mileage. Use Quaker+Slick50.

Everything. The way it slides over to the other lane, with no noticeable body motion and it's all where drive acceleration, leaves the dust behind when passing. I got the 'Let's refuel America' and hope the price of gas goes up to $6! Anything over $3 I get a credit back to me, so gas will be free!

I would like rear tailgate seal to be tighter. Dust collects in the bottom corners and is a pain to remove. Paint chips/ harden front window against rock chips. Don't like fog light covers, collects bugs. Engine under the hood, work light would be nice.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review