It's a Jeep Commander Limited 5.7 Hemi
By dr burke on
2008 Jeep Commander Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)
I am very impressed with my Jeep. It's fully loaded and roomy, for a single guy. It has a 5.7L Hemi with variable displacement engine. On the straight away, I drive on 4 cyl in 'power saver' mode and get 24 mpg @ 50 mph. I've found the sweet spot to be around 1500 rpm, if you aren't in a rush to get somewhere, it will increase your mpg by 5-10 mpg. I expect after more break in to average 26-28 mpg on regular gasoline. I am happy with my MDE. A few suggestions: When taking off, when you reach 25 mph, 'Resume' cruise control. And run on 1/2 fuel to increase mileage. Use Quaker+Slick50.
Favorite Features
Everything. The way it slides over to the other lane, with no noticeable body motion and it's all where drive acceleration, leaves the dust behind when passing. I got the 'Let's refuel America' and hope the price of gas goes up to $6! Anything over $3 I get a credit back to me, so gas will be free!
Suggested Improvements
I would like rear tailgate seal to be tighter. Dust collects in the bottom corners and is a pain to remove. Paint chips/ harden front window against rock chips. Don't like fog light covers, collects bugs. Engine under the hood, work light would be nice.