A Jeep that will command a a second look
By Marlowe Achanzar on
2008 Jeep Commander Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)
This Jeep Commander Sports 4 x 4 3.7 engine is really a fun SUV to drive. Comfortable enough on a bumpy road and never could you hear any squeaking or rattle after a 3400 mileage accumulation. One problem is the backrest, it is too high for women with a height of 5-1/2 feet like my wife. The headrest is tilted downwards at it's maximum down level and very uncomfortable for her. Fuel consumption is 17 miles a gallon, a gas guzzler ha? Thank God gas is now $1.87/ gal. here in Chicago. No leaks or water accumulation on the doors as noted by previous 2007 Owners. The 3.7 6 cylinder is good enough for the size of the body. Third row seat? That's a plus for an outdoor sportsman like me.
Favorite Features
The computer-like menu browser on the dash, adjustable steering and the power seats on the driver side, how I wished they should have installed on the passenger side too for my Commander-in Chief.
Suggested Improvements
Improvements could be made on the headrest on the front seats. Either lower the backseat by 2 inches or the headrest designed to go lower by 2 to 2-1/2 inch for women with a 5-1/2 ft. height. Horn button is too stiff to press. Possible design placement could be just beside the menu control button on