2008 Jeep Commander SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Commander model:
Fantastic Jeep
By Old man Jeep on 03/08/08 11:06 AM (PST)

2008 Jeep Commander SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Our Commander is a replacement to 2 previous Grand Cherokees and a Cherokee. We've been a Jeep family for many years and love the feel and drive of Jeep products. This one surpasses all others. It rides high with excellent front visibility and the seats are very comfy. The engine (4.7) gets about 13 mpg around town and about 19 on the road(not bad for a V8!) and has lots of power. The side air bags are a great safety feature. We heard the Commander might be eliminated in 2009. This would be a huge mistake, as this is the only full size (7 passenger) SUV that Jeep offers and is competitive with most larger family type SUV's. Also it is one of the few full size SUV's that is offroad capable.

Jeep Commander limited
By MIchael on 02/29/08 06:47 AM (PST)

2008 Jeep Commander SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Going from a Toyota to a Jeep makes me realize how far Chrysler still has to go. The Jeep has been reliable and steady through the first 2000 miles but uninpressive.In reality, this vehicle should have seating for five not seven. It's just not big enough and because of this the ergonomics of the interior suffer.Instead of competing directly with the Grand Cherokee, I don't understand why jeep wouldn't ditch the Durango/Aspen and make this their full size vehicle and make it world class.

Love my Commander Overland w/Hemi
By KmanCommander on 01/10/08 19:18 PM (PST)

2008 Jeep Commander SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This vehicle is awesome The more I drive it the more I like it. I actually miss it when I am not driving it, and we are talking about a vehicle! It is unique looking, not like all those crossbreeds currently flooding the market... It is fast and powerfull I doesnt do to well with gas mileage, but what to you expect with a vehicle that is around 6k lbs? With a huge 8 in it? It has 330+ HP and always in 4.. I have been driving around looking for piles to drive this thing over.... It has so much power that nothing is intimidating. The electronics a cool.. nav, rear monitor, sensors, automatic window sensors.....etc I would buy it again

Jeep Commander is 2nd to none.
By heartrok on 01/06/08 13:41 PM (PST)

2008 Jeep Commander SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We purchased a Limited model with every option. Kids love the Sirius backseat TV. MyGIG Nav with VES is simply fabulous. QuadraDrive II makes driving in 10 inches of snow a breeze. Build quality is top notch and overall this Jeep feels solid. Backup camera is very useful in this vehicle as rear visibility is compromised with 3rd row seat up. Too many useful options to name...UConnect bluetooth, Smartbeam headlights, hill ascent and descent assist, ESP, traction control, rear sky windows, etc. If you are looking for a great SUV with tons of options for a fair price and not sacrifice quality...I strongly recommend the Jeep Commander.

2008 Jeep Commander LTD 4WD, 5.7 Hemi
By jeep lover on 12/30/07 17:44 PM (PST)

2008 Jeep Commander SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Solid build quality, roomy, no blind spots, great Boston Acoustics stereo, solid as a tank, very fast, drivers seat moves back when key is removed, nav system easy to operate, rear camera, parking sensors, remote start, great vehicle with many features for the price.

The Powerful and Stylish Box
By charlesw on 12/24/07 09:30 AM (PST)

2008 Jeep Commander SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased a brand new 2008 Jeep Commander Limited, with everything... nav. system, commandview, power liftgate... everything, except the 5.7L Hemi, of which I am proud to say I don't have. I average around 14mpg with an occasional "floor it" moment.

I love the Commander
By Garry on 12/07/07 19:10 PM (PST)

2008 Jeep Commander SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I love the Commander. I spend about 2 hours a day commuting in this vehicle and it could not be more fun and comfortable to drive! The rear cargo area could be a little more spacious but it works great for what I need. The Commander is so rich looking, inside and out and everyone who gets in it is very impressed.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.