2008 Jeep Commander SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Commander model:
big power and huge fun
By bigpower on 07/02/08 12:07 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Commander SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have a 2008 jeep commander 4x4 limited 5.7 big hemi v8 its power is simply amazing and is very fun to drive. the drive quality is the best even better than my grandmothers 2006 caddy dts and there is no road noise, I had a 2007 Nissan Xterra and the commander is by far the better suv on and off road plus better fuel economy. When I drive my commander I feel safe and in control it's a great big safe suv with an ample amount of power thanks to the HEMI!

It's a Jeep Commander Limited 5.7 Hemi
By dr burke on 06/15/08 17:56 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Commander SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I am very impressed with my Jeep. It's fully loaded and roomy, for a single guy. It has a 5.7L Hemi with variable displacement engine. On the straight away, I drive on 4 cyl in 'power saver' mode and get 24 mpg @ 50 mph. I've found the sweet spot to be around 1500 rpm, if you aren't in a rush to get somewhere, it will increase your mpg by 5-10 mpg. I expect after more break in to average 26-28 mpg on regular gasoline. I am happy with my MDE. A few suggestions: When taking off, when you reach 25 mph, 'Resume' cruise control. And run on 1/2 fuel to increase mileage. Use Quaker+Slick50.

3rd Jeep Commander
By dr burke on 05/18/08 22:34 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Commander SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Impressive. Always inspires other drivers. Envy. Gives you a safe, comfortable I'm in control feeling. Ok for married couples, but nix for kids. Plush! Right up their with a Caddy, but more beautiful and off road. Got the 'Lets refuel America' deal for $2.99 @ the pump for three years or 800 gallons for $2.99 per gallon, for a total of 2400 gallons. Deciding factor. No telling what gas is going to cost later this year or next and they credit you with the difference. Say $5 bucks at pump, you get $201 credited back to your credit card. Money in the bank. Oh, they have a May sale going on $2,000 + $1500 + Gas card, if you push and ask to see 'special' rebate for dealers, to give you

Great SUV
By aangelovic on 05/03/08 16:27 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Commander SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I have the 2008 Rocky Mountain package. It has the 3.7 V6, it's a little underpowered, but it's not too bad on mpg. On the highway it gets about 20 mpg and in the city 15. The one thing that I don't like about it is if it rained and there is still some water on the roof and you open the windows the water pours into the truck. It's even worse when you hit the brakes it just pours all over the inside. Thats the only thing I can say is an issue. Everything else is great, rides like a caddy, and is really roomy.

Best vehicle i ever drove
By citygal on 04/26/08 09:09 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Commander SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I enjoy this vehicle more than i can say;I miss not driving it, I can not wait until lunchtime at work to get in it. I have owned it for three weeks now. I had a Toyota 4 runner before that did not get good gas mileage. It is flexifuel so i can put ethanol (e85) gas in it; that was a bonus for me along with everything else it had to offer. I truly enjoy the my gig system with navigation. I get about 15 mpg in city, and about 19-21 on hwy.

Luv this puppy!
By kerstuff on 04/26/08 05:37 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Commander SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is our first Jeep. We replaced our BMW 525i with it. My wife needed something for her tradeshows to carry displays. It has plenty of room and is pleasure to drive. We keep our vehicles 15+ years and expect this one to do the same. We opted for the lifetime additional warranty that covers everything other than the lifetime drivetrain warranty.

Luxury... Power... Style... Hi-tech
By mekadeeg on 04/23/08 13:39 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Commander SUV Overland 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

It is everything you could ever want from a vehicle. It is the 2nd 08 Jeep Commander in our family...(1) 4X4 and this one. The 5.7 V8 will never leave you in a tight spot...press the gas and your off...suddenly everyone is in the rear view mirror. The luxury details inside are right there with the best of them....and more. You can spend 80K on a luxury sedan and get half the features this Commander offers...and talk about a smooth ride.

Not driving my Benz. And don't miss it
By H.R.B on 04/23/08 11:38 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Commander SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Purchased the Jeep Overland as a 2nd Car to have a spare SUV. My Benz has been sitting in my driveway since the day I drove the Jeep. I am selling my Benz and won't miss it! Every luxury in the world...power...and such an amazing ride. Never thought I would own an American Car much less rave about it. I would buy a 2nd one a 3rd one and a 4th one. Daughter loves the satellite TV and Daddy loves everything else. THANK YOU JEEP.

tire pressure monitor problems
By newbox on 04/17/08 18:47 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Commander SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Love the commander but there is a problem with the tpms and I am told by dealer it can not be fixed

Where's the sunroof wind deflector?
By Atlanta Mike on 04/02/08 06:12 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Commander SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Overall I love the Commander. I have 4x4 Limited with the Hemi. I live in the city so I only average 9.2 mpg but that's ok, my commute is only 1.8 miles. On its one and only expressway trip (60 miles) I average 17.2 mpg - which is more than the EPA rating so I'm good. There is only one issue I have with it. I've never seen a factory sunroof that doesn't have a pop-up wind deflector. It's impossible to drive with the sunroof open over 25 mph. Am I going to have to go buy an external one?

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.