2008 Jeep Commander - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Commander model:
It's a Jeep
By wolf75 on 11/27/08 16:21 PM (PST)

2008 Jeep Commander Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I've been a die hard Chevy pick-up guy and I still am, but I wanted a vehicle that was plush, comfortable, all the bells and whistles,but I wanted it as an Off road capable, as I spend alot of time afield, hunting, and I go into some very rough situations. This Jeep has out performed anything I've ever had and went everywhere the wranglers go except over huge rock, that I won't do as I want to keep this for awhile. But steep hills no matter the terrain, deep mud or snow this vehicle goes thru like it wasn't there, even places my P/U could never get thru. And I get there in comfort and quiet. By the way mine is the limited but I have the HEMI and all the bells and whistles. When we it is great

Great decision, I love it..
By What a JEEP!! on 11/18/08 13:06 PM (PST)

2008 Jeep Commander Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Well, I have had my Jeep Army Green 08 Jeep Commander for about 8+ months now and am as happy today with my purchase as I was when I made it. I paid cash, got the lifetime power Trane and opted for the lifetime bumper to bumper since I had my last Grand Cherokee for 11 years I figured it would pay off. The Boston Acoustic stereo is fantastic. The sunroof and 2 additional sunroofs in the back seat area are cool, kids love them. A/C power in back seat helps out and heated leather seats are great looking and comfortable. When we go up the Pocono Mountains it very smartly shifts for steep inclines providing plenty of power with the 6 cyl.

BEST SUV EVER
By spoiled on 11/18/08 07:34 AM (PST)

2008 Jeep Commander Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

We just purchased a new Jeep Commander. I had always driven a small luxury car. The SUV seems huge. To me it is like you took a Hummer and a Land Rover and combined the two. I absolutely love it. It is nice to look at. The interior is designed well. This is my first time to have cloth seats, but I love them. They are much better than leather if you ask me especially with the warranty for replacement if they become stained. I can not imagine a more perfect vehicle for a family. The third row seat has gotten some negative reviews, but not from me. I love it as well. It is perfect for kids who love to ride in the back.

Love My Overland
By BillF on 10/31/08 13:38 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Commander Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I traded my 2006 Commander Ltd (HEMI) in for the 2008 Overland HEMI. It has all the bells and whistles so I don't see myself trading it in after 2 years like I always do. Got it with backseat TV. I've driven from NY to VA twice since August. I find that the gas mileage is close to the 4.0 and 4.7 engines that I've previously owned (Grand Cherokee). I arrive at the Maryland House (I95) with an 1/8 of a tank. Driving in the city and Long Island I do use more gas. I'm comfortable while driving. The only problem I had was an inefficient catalytic converter which my dealer replaced and no problems since.

Great car, okay MPG for type of SUV.
By Ryan W. on 10/20/08 13:50 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Commander Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This SUV is awesome!!! Sure, gas mileage isn't all that great, but who ever said you had to have great gas mileage to have a great car is stupid. For me, this car is great! It's just me in it most of the time, but I have many siblings and this helps me take them around when I'm taking care of them for a while. I average about 19 miles to the gallon so I think they new EPA estimates aren't accurate on that. Don't believe the numbers because that's driving the car like a stupid teen. If you drive responsibly, then you'll get about 16 in the city and about 23 on the freeway. Enjoy!

New Jeep Commander
By the rogers on 09/15/08 10:28 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Commander Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

So far we love this vehicle. It's the limited 5.7l with the Hemi. This thing will move! Very luxurious inside and out.

Indoor Swimming Pool
By JBenton on 09/08/08 11:43 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Commander Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Since the initial purchase of the car May 2007, we have returned the Commander to the dealership 6 times due to the same issue. Leaking into driver and passenger floorboards which has now advanced to leaking into the dashboard. The dealership has worked really hard to try to remedy the issue, but to no avail. It is now September 2008 and we had another swimming pool in the car from rain over the weekend. The car is back in the shop. Oh, did I mention it was in the shop for the exact same thing last week. Sad to say this has really detracted from our enjoying the car.

Absolutely the worst vehicle ever!
By Atlanta Guy on 09/04/08 09:15 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Commander Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Purchased my Limited 4x4 w/HEMI in 2/08. Just turned 3,900 miles (>6 months later). Remember that, as it's a clue. Since purchase my brakes have gone out (entirely, while driving) and they replaced the Master Cylinder. The vehicle has totally died (engine and electrical) on numerous occasions (It is in the shop now getting its 3rd ignition system replacement). Beyond that, there have been numerous other electrical problems with the MyGig system and Navigation. To date the car has been at the dealer for 37 days (and counting) since I picked it up brand new a little over 6 months ago. Currently my attorney has written a demand letter to Chrysler for repurchase. It's a piece of junk!

Cool air from vents..
By dr burke on 09/03/08 12:46 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Commander Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I own a Jeep Commander 5.7 V8 Limited and try not to drive with the air conditioner on, for fuel economy. But, I've discovered how you can get cold air out, without using the compressor and still get good fuel economy. I have the dual control with a vent dial and fan speed dial. If you turn the right dial to auto and turn the fan speed to where ever want it, with the temperatures dials all the way down, you will get cool air out, but the air conditioner light doesn't come on. I think the dehumidifier is taking the moisture out of the air and pumping out cold air, without using the compressor. Give it a try and see what results you get. dr burke.

Water leaking/speaker have short
By deltau1 on 07/12/08 14:22 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Commander Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I just purchase a 2008 commander and I am having water leaking through even when I just use wipers the hand rails near window. Going into speakers. Short, crackle sound, right side speaker don't work. Who knows where water is traveling now! Also, when driving can hear wind through windshield. Hard to see through rear window with rear back seats up, don't use it.I can't really rate the vehicle to much, since it's only been a month, so far not good.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.