08 OVERLAND
By ANTHONY DEFRANCESCO on
2008 Jeep Commander Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)
After owning about 8 new jeeps over the past 16 years i was very impressed with the commander. My prior 06 commander had the 4.7 V8 and was underpowered. The HEMI is just right. I purchased a loaded overland model as it is truly the ultimate Jeep. The rear camera is helpful especially when using the third seat. It is a very solid vehicle. I like the styling as it reminds me of my first 1993 jeep cherokee country. I average 16mpg and on a round trip to Cleveland from Albany NY my average was 18. I drove around 70 mph. I really don't know why the press beats upon Jeep products so much. I have found Jeeps to be very reliable, safe, and fun to drive.
Favorite Features
HEMI motor,U Connect feature, Love the interior with the Overland features. I don't have to shovel the snow out of my driveway. I can ride all my family in it and still tow a heavy trailer in comfort.
Suggested Improvements
The Goodyear tires wear poorly. As they say " They are only Good for a Year ". It would be nice to see the rear headrests power down for better rear vision.