2008 Jeep Commander SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Commander model:
Acceleration problems
By on 06/12/12 10:32 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Commander SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Love my Commander...got it new in 2008. This morning I got the scare of my life. Started the vehicle, drove to the back of the house, to picked up my utility trailer. As I was leaving the drive way, the accelerator got jammed. The vehicle went out of control (live on dirt road) and raced full speed ahead. First reaction was to hit the brakes... that helped a little, quickly put it in neutral and turn the key off. Got my conposure, and started the vehicle again. It went right back to a very, very fast acceleration. Turn it off and called dealership to have it tow to be serviced. Has anyone ever had this kind of problem ???

Excellent Value!
By brobin on 08/10/10 21:02 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Commander SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

The Commander compares favorably with SUVs costing twice as much as this one. Many friends have commented "THIS is a Jeep?" when they first get in. In terms of comfort, power and reliability it's every bit as good as a Land Rover, Lexus or Escalade.

I think I bought a lemon
By firecracker on 04/06/09 06:49 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Commander SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have had all kinds of electrical problems with this car, since I purchased it. The dealership was not very helpful. The locks locked while I stepped out of the car, and the car was running. They lock and unlock as I am driving. Auto wipers don't work that great, and neither does the reverse assistance. The Sirius equipment was faulty. The angle of the windshield, makes it very prone to getting hit by road debris--I replaced two windshields within six months. The breaks had to be replaced within the year, and six months later, need it again. I have never had so many problems with a car. The problems returned about six months after repair. No leg room in the middle seat area.

Best vehicle i ever drove
By citygal on 04/26/08 09:09 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Commander SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I enjoy this vehicle more than i can say;I miss not driving it, I can not wait until lunchtime at work to get in it. I have owned it for three weeks now. I had a Toyota 4 runner before that did not get good gas mileage. It is flexifuel so i can put ethanol (e85) gas in it; that was a bonus for me along with everything else it had to offer. I truly enjoy the my gig system with navigation. I get about 15 mpg in city, and about 19-21 on hwy.

Jeep Commander is 2nd to none.
By heartrok on 01/06/08 13:41 PM (PST)

2008 Jeep Commander SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We purchased a Limited model with every option. Kids love the Sirius backseat TV. MyGIG Nav with VES is simply fabulous. QuadraDrive II makes driving in 10 inches of snow a breeze. Build quality is top notch and overall this Jeep feels solid. Backup camera is very useful in this vehicle as rear visibility is compromised with 3rd row seat up. Too many useful options to name...UConnect bluetooth, Smartbeam headlights, hill ascent and descent assist, ESP, traction control, rear sky windows, etc. If you are looking for a great SUV with tons of options for a fair price and not sacrifice quality...I strongly recommend the Jeep Commander.

I love the Commander
By Garry on 12/07/07 19:10 PM (PST)

2008 Jeep Commander SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I love the Commander. I spend about 2 hours a day commuting in this vehicle and it could not be more fun and comfortable to drive! The rear cargo area could be a little more spacious but it works great for what I need. The Commander is so rich looking, inside and out and everyone who gets in it is very impressed.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.