Used 2008 Jeep Commander SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Jeep Commander SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Commander model:

Acceleration problems
By

2008 Jeep Commander SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Love my Commander...got it new in 2008. This morning I got the scare of my life. Started the vehicle, drove to the back of the house, to picked up my utility trailer. As I was leaving the drive way, the accelerator got jammed. The vehicle went out of control (live on dirt road) and raced full speed ahead. First reaction was to hit the brakes... that helped a little, quickly put it in neutral and turn the key off. Got my conposure, and started the vehicle again. It went right back to a very, very fast acceleration. Turn it off and called dealership to have it tow to be serviced. Has anyone ever had this kind of problem ???

08 commander
By l greaves

2008 Jeep Commander SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Great SUV for Canadian climate. Fuel mileage not bad for a heavy 4.7 v8. Problems with rear diff bearings, front diff failed at 40,000 km had to be replaced. Wife loves this SUV (our 2nd Jeep) will probably purchase extended warranty to ensure Peace of mind over the long run

heated seats,leather seats,sun roof.smooth ride and sure footed traction

better powertrain reliability

Surprised
By Karon

2008 Jeep Commander SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This vehicle was purchased for my husband. He had a 2005 Jeep Liberty Renegade. He loved it but it was time to find a new vehicle. When I went out shopping to the Jeep place, they showed me this 2008 Commander Limited. I feel in love with it. It's nice to have room as a passenger. We have no need for the 3rd row seats, so that isn't a issue. I highly recommend this vehicle if you want comfort & fun driving. The downside, which I was surprised about, is the cargo space. Not enough. We are going to see if removing the 3rd row seats will help that. Otherwise, everything is great about it. Can't believe we bought a V8, but with a vehicle like this. it's worth it!

Loads of room in front. Much better ride then the Liberty of course. Well respected looking vehicle.

Either remove 3rd row seats or have them optional. Such a big vehicle, I expected more cargo space.

Excellent Value!
By brobin

2008 Jeep Commander SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

The Commander compares favorably with SUVs costing twice as much as this one. Many friends have commented "THIS is a Jeep?" when they first get in. In terms of comfort, power and reliability it's every bit as good as a Land Rover, Lexus or Escalade.

Power EVERYTHING Remote Start Electric Tailgate Nav & Bluetooth Powerful V8

None

Love my commander
By phranican

2008 Jeep Commander SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Love my commander. sold a grand Cherokee with 120K miles and said what the heck I'll take another jeep. Love the exterior, based on the original Cherokee and the interior is very comfy, leather is awesome. I purchased with 10K mile, at 32K now, not a single problem so far. I don't gun it, don't brake hard probably why i average 16 mile per gallon. It's a great ride, very quiet. highly recommend if you need a truck and don't want to pay out the rear.

affordable, looks awesome/rugged, auto-start (great in winter), 18" wheels, hard drive/dvd, rain sensing wipers, auto high beams, leather seats, power when i need it and hitch for my mtn bike rack, what else, oh yeah, USA USA USA!

Windshield gets a lot of bugs, fuel economy could be better.