Used 2008 Jeep Commander Limited Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Jeep Commander - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Commander model:

Acceleration problems
By

2008 Jeep Commander Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Love my Commander...got it new in 2008. This morning I got the scare of my life. Started the vehicle, drove to the back of the house, to picked up my utility trailer. As I was leaving the drive way, the accelerator got jammed. The vehicle went out of control (live on dirt road) and raced full speed ahead. First reaction was to hit the brakes... that helped a little, quickly put it in neutral and turn the key off. Got my conposure, and started the vehicle again. It went right back to a very, very fast acceleration. Turn it off and called dealership to have it tow to be serviced. Has anyone ever had this kind of problem ???

Excellent Value!
By brobin

2008 Jeep Commander Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

The Commander compares favorably with SUVs costing twice as much as this one. Many friends have commented "THIS is a Jeep?" when they first get in. In terms of comfort, power and reliability it's every bit as good as a Land Rover, Lexus or Escalade.

Power EVERYTHING Remote Start Electric Tailgate Nav & Bluetooth Powerful V8

None

I think I bought a lemon
By firecracker

2008 Jeep Commander Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have had all kinds of electrical problems with this car, since I purchased it. The dealership was not very helpful. The locks locked while I stepped out of the car, and the car was running. They lock and unlock as I am driving. Auto wipers don't work that great, and neither does the reverse assistance. The Sirius equipment was faulty. The angle of the windshield, makes it very prone to getting hit by road debris--I replaced two windshields within six months. The breaks had to be replaced within the year, and six months later, need it again. I have never had so many problems with a car. The problems returned about six months after repair. No leg room in the middle seat area.

The outside style of the car.

Best vehicle i ever drove
By citygal

2008 Jeep Commander Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I enjoy this vehicle more than i can say;I miss not driving it, I can not wait until lunchtime at work to get in it. I have owned it for three weeks now. I had a Toyota 4 runner before that did not get good gas mileage. It is flexifuel so i can put ethanol (e85) gas in it; that was a bonus for me along with everything else it had to offer. I truly enjoy the my gig system with navigation. I get about 15 mpg in city, and about 19-21 on hwy.

My gig system with nav, and bluetooth capable. I like knowing i can drive safely not holding a phone.

tint the front windows a little bit.

Jeep Commander is 2nd to none.
By heartrok

2008 Jeep Commander Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We purchased a Limited model with every option. Kids love the Sirius backseat TV. MyGIG Nav with VES is simply fabulous. QuadraDrive II makes driving in 10 inches of snow a breeze. Build quality is top notch and overall this Jeep feels solid. Backup camera is very useful in this vehicle as rear visibility is compromised with 3rd row seat up. Too many useful options to name...UConnect bluetooth, Smartbeam headlights, hill ascent and descent assist, ESP, traction control, rear sky windows, etc. If you are looking for a great SUV with tons of options for a fair price and not sacrifice quality...I strongly recommend the Jeep Commander.

MyGIG Nav, backup camera, tons of safety features, plenty of power with new 4.7L V8, sure footed in all weather, seating for 7, Jeep tough!

Fuel mileage is always a concern with today's gas prices, but the 4.7L is decent enough for a vehicle with this kind of power and performance. I would rather my family be in a vehicle like the Commander for a few extra dollars at the pump.