2008 Jeep Commander - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Commander model:
Love it!
By sincitycop on 06/12/09 15:38 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Commander Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Haven't had the vehicle for but 3 weeks. Bought it used for half the price of what it cost new. It is truly one of the most enjoyable vehicles I have ever driven. I love the look and feel of it. The windows make visibility the best I have ever experienced except for the rear window view when the 3rd row seating is in place. The whole family loves it! We have had vans for most of our "family" years and wanted to get away from the whole van thing. This was a GREAT choice and I would definitely recommend one to anyone else. There are pros and cons to any vehicle. I believe the pros definitely outweigh the cons in this one!

Great Family SUV
By Dillys on 05/14/09 06:37 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Commander Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

We previously owned a Jeep Liberty and had to upgrade in size. The Liberty was a great Jeep, so we decided to stay in the Jeep family. For a family of four, the Commander has been awesome. The kids love riding in the third row because their feet reach the floor - only suitable for little ones because there's no leg room. The front is very spacious and controls are easily accessible to both the driver and passenger. I don't much care that there isn't much storage behind the third row when it's up, but it wasn't a deal breaker by any means. We look forward to our road trip next month because we'll have plenty of room for comfort and storage. Overall we are very pleased with this vehicle.

BEST SUV EVER
By spoiled on 11/18/08 07:34 AM (PST)

2008 Jeep Commander Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

We just purchased a new Jeep Commander. I had always driven a small luxury car. The SUV seems huge. To me it is like you took a Hummer and a Land Rover and combined the two. I absolutely love it. It is nice to look at. The interior is designed well. This is my first time to have cloth seats, but I love them. They are much better than leather if you ask me especially with the warranty for replacement if they become stained. I can not imagine a more perfect vehicle for a family. The third row seat has gotten some negative reviews, but not from me. I love it as well. It is perfect for kids who love to ride in the back.

Great car, okay MPG for type of SUV.
By Ryan W. on 10/20/08 13:50 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Commander Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This SUV is awesome!!! Sure, gas mileage isn't all that great, but who ever said you had to have great gas mileage to have a great car is stupid. For me, this car is great! It's just me in it most of the time, but I have many siblings and this helps me take them around when I'm taking care of them for a while. I average about 19 miles to the gallon so I think they new EPA estimates aren't accurate on that. Don't believe the numbers because that's driving the car like a stupid teen. If you drive responsibly, then you'll get about 16 in the city and about 23 on the freeway. Enjoy!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.