What a warranty!
By The Bybee's on
2007 Jeep Commander Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)
Our family of five (6,8,13) fit perfectly in the Commander with room for friends. It is the perfect size for us. We live on a country road and it handles the bumps with ease. It rides very well on the highway and exceleration is adequite. The sound system is very good and I love the manual shift auto transmission. We have not tested the mileage which I usually don't until after the second oil change and start using synthetics. I will pay the extra fuel costs for the comfort. I have the same issue viewing traffic thru the rear glass with the third seat in the upright position. The rear sensing alarm is cool. Jeep offered a lifetime full coverage warranty for $1100 that was awsome.
Favorite Features
Seat comfort, transmission, stereo, back sensor, third row seating, wheels and tires, the military look to it... rugged, side airbags, anti-roll and skid, multiple vents on dash and the dash styling. Being able to seperate the kids so they are touching each other.
Suggested Improvements
Lower the 3rd-row seats just a little to make viewing thru the back glass better in traffic. A hybrid of electric/Diesel option would be awsome. I'm guessing 35 mpg with this option. I have a diesel F- 250 that's gets 20 mpg so I know it's possible. 110v power source standard.
By skip2014
on 09/13/14 19:48 PM (PDT)

... " We have not tested the mileage which I usually don't until after the second oil change and start using synthetics. " 1~Fully synthetic engine oil has been created by processing Natural gas into a liquid oil. 2~Because this oil is so slippery it runs down off the cylinder walls. Hence cold start-ups are dry start-ups. Need a bit of the 'old' style oil to keep components oiled during shut down. Read this engine discussion; http://www.allpar.com/mopar/47.html Oil Note--:> " The oiling system isn't radical, using a clever design first seen on the AMC V8s: the georotor-type pump is mounted in the timing cover, and is driven off the crank snout. Direct drive, unlike the current LA engine, which, if you think about it, is a nightmare. The oil pump drive torque comes off the crank nose, through the chain, to the cam, back through the full length of the cam, through a bevel gearset to the intermediate shaft, and then through a hexagonal drive to the pump itself. Whew ! Can you say, simplified ? The new, block mounted pump has a 75 psi relief valve, and a displacement of approx 1 cubic inch per revolution. The oil pan is stamped steel, includes a windage tray (integral with the pan gasket) and has a capacity of 5 quarts plus one in the filter. Pump clearances are designed for the recommended 5W30 oil [this appears to have changed to 5W20, probably with the 2008 model year]." My Commander with the 4.7 low out put [8 spark plugs] has been running well, but the mpg are low 11 to 14 mpg in town and 21 to 23 on the highway at 60 mph. Remember resistance through the air squares as speed doubles. So slow down. Push less air.