2007 Jeep Commander Consumer Review: Value and Performance for the

2007 Jeep Commander - Consumer Review

Value and Performance for the Hemi
By Ron on

2007 Jeep Commander Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I traded in my Expedition on the Hemi as my teenagers are working their way out of the house (the third seat in the Ford was no longer really needed) and I wanted a smaller vehicle. I still needed a high tow capacity truck and the "if you need it, it is there" third seat. In short, the vehicle was a great buy with the rebate and had quite a few features that my Expedition did not have. Lots complain about gas mileage: I get 17.2 hwy (better than the Ford). The ride and comfort are better than the Expedition. It is also quieter. The interior needs some refinement - fit & finish is good but style could be improved to give it a higher end feel (it is slightly tacky IMO).

Comfortable leather seats and all of the little nooks & crannies for storage. Kids & adults love the stadium seating for the second row. Good storage with all seats folded flat and the dogs can ride comfortably as well. Great skylights and good maneuverability especially for parking.

DRIVER side ARM rest! Power seat should tilt more to give more thigh support. I don't have the rear cam and wish I did (should be standard). Some exterior trim is not well fitted. Better front passenger cup holder. Get rid of the chrome interior accents, and the "bolts" on the dash.