2007 Jeep Commander - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Commander model:
Why buy or even build the Grand Cherokee
By Jeep SantaBarbara on 09/16/07 18:48 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Commander Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

The Jeep Commander is a really fine SUV. I shopped the Expdetion, Tahoe, Armada and Sequoia. Finally decided on the Jeep. The overland has a lot of features for the money with the incentives Jeep offers: Bluetooth, NAV, rear DVD, 3rd row, rear sensors, heated seats, auto high beams, sunroof, tow package, tons of airbags and more. It is a little small for the price when compared to the true full-size utes like the Tahoe, but usually is adequate and the smaller size comes in handy in most daily tasks. But my point is with the new 2008 Liberty in the line why does Jeep still offer the Grand Cherokee? The Commander is the better buy and much closer to the cool/trendy Grand Wagoneer.

Wonderful Utility Vehicle
By RCowan on 09/15/07 16:16 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Commander Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

The Commander is just an all around great family vehicle. The styling and comfort are wonderful and the kids love the theater style seating and Command View sky lights. The 4.7L has plenty of power and when driven sensibly can average fine fuel economy on the freeway. This is our first Jeep product and we love it so far! I would recommend the Commander without reservation to any family that needs to haul people and stuff on a regular basis. This is my 13th brand new car and I think it's my favorite!!

What a warranty!
By The Bybee's on 08/31/07 09:56 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Commander Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Our family of five (6,8,13) fit perfectly in the Commander with room for friends. It is the perfect size for us. We live on a country road and it handles the bumps with ease. It rides very well on the highway and exceleration is adequite. The sound system is very good and I love the manual shift auto transmission. We have not tested the mileage which I usually don't until after the second oil change and start using synthetics. I will pay the extra fuel costs for the comfort. I have the same issue viewing traffic thru the rear glass with the third seat in the upright position. The rear sensing alarm is cool. Jeep offered a lifetime full coverage warranty for $1100 that was awsome.

Always getting compliments
By EHD on 08/23/07 19:49 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Commander Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

The last 20 years I've been driving minivans and sedans for work. I finally decided I needed something a little more fun. 5.7L Hemi is powerful. Handling on mountain roads is great. Feels, looks and sounds like a luxury car inside. Everywhere I go, people rave about it's looks. As it turns out, the Commander is great fun.

I chose the 5.7L Hemi
By Steelblueone on 08/06/07 07:48 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Commander Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought the Commander as the family shuttle, realizing its limitations in that regard; it is not a mini Van, so in that capacity it is just adequate. It is not just a suburban taxi, it wants to play. It is a 7 seat 4x4 SUV and as that, it stands out as you leave the road and hit the trails. On the roads the Hemi's power is effortless and always available. Inside it is very comfortable and my three kids (10, 9, and 6) love the stadium seating and the moonroof. It is quiet inside and the sound system is excellent.

Lovin it
By Mom of 2 kids & dogs on 08/02/07 14:44 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Commander Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I love this Jeep. I have owned various 3 row vehicles. I owned an MPV and then an Excursion. This fits the bill in lots of ways and I find the external design to be very fun.

Just joined "It's a Jeep Thing" club!
By The Radnad on 07/25/07 08:47 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Commander Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Just bought this for my wife/family vehicle. It's our first SUV and first Jeep and so far we love it! Totally comfortable inside, plenty of room for 15 year old, 4 year old, and 1 year old with room to spare for napping on long trips. Cargo area is very ample for the twice a month grocery run and hardware store supplies. Never thought I would own a Jeep but so far we are having fun with it.

Cute car, However, MPG IS RIDICULOUS!!
By Rae on 07/23/07 20:35 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Commander Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Exterior & Interior looks is nice :0) Seats are comfortable! TOO MUCH TIME AT THE GAS PUMP!! The second & third row seats are a little too high!! Passenger seat sits too low.

Worst Purchase ever!
By bbreitenbecker on 07/09/07 15:51 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Commander Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

First of all we have had issues with our Commander from the first week. When accelerating it sounds like it is going to blow up. There is a loud humming noise that comes from the dash when you reach 55-60 mph. Also, our Jeep is full of rust! All of the seat hardware components (including the headrest) are rusted. It looks as if this vehicle went through a hurricane.

Having Fun!
By veryhappy07 on 07/05/07 09:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Commander Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

We have owned this vehicle for about a month now and we love it! We went with the Rocky Mountain Edition and it is different and fun to drive. It has a very comfortable ride and makes any rough road feel like nothing. My wife and I usually race to get in the drivers seat!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.