Used 2007 Jeep Commander Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Jeep Commander - Consumer Reviews

2007 Jeep Commander

View reviews for a specific Commander model:

Design flaw
By Michael in Fla.

2007 Jeep Commander Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Leased a 2007 Jeep Commander in Clearwater, Florida. My Jeep developed a horrible leak. When it rains I get a standing puddle of water on the floor on the driver's side. Dealership said it's a maintenance issue and said it will be $100 to blow out a sunroof drain line because it's clogged with debris. I argued there is nothing in the owner's manual addressing this "maintenance" and pointed out that there are also several service bulletins issued by Chrysler addressing this issue. They said this is the customer's responsibility. No wonder Chrysler is in trouble.

Favorite Features

I love the way the Jeep handles on the highway.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the design flaws allowing water to get in and the one causing the whistling sound if the windows are slightly open.

Chevy Lover Falls 4 A Jeep
By ChiIrishGrl

2007 Jeep Commander Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I've had Chevy's almost all my driving life and I was persuaded to try out a Jeep and I fell in love with it. I have had no issues with it mechanically and the gas mileage is about the same as my Trailblazers.

Favorite Features

1 sunroof and 2 moon roofs, quiet comfortable ride even for road trips.

Suggested Improvements

Reworking the gas mileage would be nice.

Bad gas milage but great car
By Taylor

2007 Jeep Commander Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

The car is a great looking car and has all of the interior features I would need. It would be great if it had more power but the power it has is enough to get you around. The gas mileage averages about 13.5 miles per gallon but other than that it is an excellent car. The only problems that I have had with the car were that one of the tire pressure sensors was messed up but that was covered by warranty so it was no big deal.

Favorite Features

I love the exterior styling and the front seat comfort I do not think is matched by any other SUV I have driven.

Suggested Improvements

The car gets absolutely horrible gas mileage but other than that there is nothing that needs to be improved.

Great Jeep
By tmaines

2007 Jeep Commander Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We got the Limited with the 5.7 Hemi and all the bells and whistles. So far we have been very pleased. This truck will go anywhere and the third row seats, although cramped for adults, really serve our family of 5 well. The powertrain is awesome, although the fuel economy is definitely poor(as we knew before the purchase). The towing abilities are also well appreciated.

Favorite Features

Stereo with bluetooth and the DVD player. Coolest is the 4 wheel drive system, although we use it less often.

Suggested Improvements

A little more leg room in the back.

TIRES
By CASEY

2007 Jeep Commander Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought the SUV in June 08 and I haven't had any problems with the vehicle yet. The gas mileage is horrible but the car drives wonderful. I ran over a large screw driver this weekend and I drove 15 miles with it in my tire because I couldn't pull it out. The guy at Tires Plus had a very hard time pulling the screw driver out of the tire. It took him about 15 minutes to get it out. When he finally got it out of the tire, it didn't need to be replace. He put the tire in the solution and there was no damage. Wow!!! I hope I have good luck with the rest of the car like I did with the tires. Also I wish the 3rd row could have a been more comfortable.

Favorite Features

Tires!!! The dashboard, skylights, sensor wipes, memory seats, luxurious interior,dimming rearview mirror, navigation system, and cd changer.

Suggested Improvements

the 3rd row should be roomer. The head rest in the rear should be shorter. The gatelift should be automatic. The wires on the back window should be in a better place. The shape of the car is not the best. The entrance to the back should be automatic instead of pulling on the strap. Gas miles!!!!