Used 2007 Jeep Commander SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Jeep Commander - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Commander model:

stalling?
By silver314

2007 Jeep Commander SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

i love my jeep. we bought it a month before the birth of our first child and i have not had any problems until recently, when you go from reverse to drive the engine light comes on and it says service park assist system and then all the gear letters light up and it "bucks" a little. it has also happened at highway speeds. has anyone else had a problem like this?

Favorite Features

comfortable front seats, dials and knobs all within easy reach, plenty of room for kids and dogs on road trips.

Suggested Improvements

rear seats need to be a little more comfortable and more storage compartments

Great Ride
By Jeep Fan

2007 Jeep Commander SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

2007 Jeep Commander Limited 4.7L V8 Flex Fuel. This vehicle is very fun to drive and the kids love the middle row Command View windows in the roof and back rows with their high seating position. I feel good knowing that my wife and kids are in this vehicle. You feel like you're driving a luxury tank. The vehicle gets its share of looks and comments. Love the option of running E85. Reviews say that 3rd row is only for kids, but I'm 6' and have ridden on short trips. You wouldn't put grandma in the third row, but it's fine for adults. Handles Colorado mountain roads with ease. I can't wait for it's first big snow! 5th Jeep vehicle that I've owned and I love it!

Favorite Features

Ride. Limited's looks. Plenty of space. Safety. Seating. Ride height. Climate control. Stereo. Command View. E85 capability. Sport shifting for automatic. Super tight turning radius for the size of the vehicle. Rear park assist. Leather seats. Remote start.

Suggested Improvements

Fuel economy. More storage behind third row. More angle on front windshield. More storage compartments in rear. Sun visor is too short for side windows, but we're going to tint the windows anyways.

Raining in my jeep
By Swimmin in the car

2007 Jeep Commander SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

My sister and I both have the 2007 commander. Mine has 38,000 miles and the sunroof and windshield are leaking. The water shorted out the radio. Windshield has been repaired 2 times. My sister's has leaked since day 1. I liked the jeep until it started flooding. Rides good. Don't like the second row stadium seating. Cannot see out the back window with 3rd row up. I am past the warranty, so I am riding in a flooded car with no stereo. The cost for repair is $900.

Favorite Features

Drives well on the street and in dirt. like the heated seats. Looks much better than a minivan and easy to park

Suggested Improvements

The leaks in windshield, door, and sunroof. Lower the 2nd row seats to not stadium seating. Hard for an average adult to get in the backseat because of wheel.

Death Trap
By JAM

2007 Jeep Commander SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I have read up on reviews online and found that there are many people that are having trouble with their jeep stalling out while on a freeway or driving down a road. This has happened to me 4 times now going 70 mph. We are contacting a lawyer b/c we get nothing but the run around when contacting jeep. We have taken it in and they find nothing. What are we supposed to do? Just take our chances and hope not to stall while someone is tailgaiting on a freeway? I am putting my life at risk every time I get into that death trap. So what do I do..I still owe money so I would have to trade it in but HOW do I in good conscious trade in a car that has almost caused a accident?

Suggested Improvements

Find the problem and RECALL!!!!!!!!!!

A Best Buy For My Family
By Josh in LA

2007 Jeep Commander SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

My wife and I looked and looked and looked for a SUV that fit us and our 3 kids without the size of a suburban. We absolutely love this jeep. The gas mileage isn't great but it is fun to drive, it seats seven, and its very comfortable. We went with the V6 because there wasn't a need to pull anything, but it still offers plenty of power and get up. I am confident that it could pull a ski boat and 7 passengers with no problems.

Favorite Features

Comfort, and the sound system thumps. Even though I am almost 30 with 3 kids I still like to Rock!

Suggested Improvements

Maybe just alittle more storage behind the third row. when all seats are up there isn't much room for bags.