Used 2007 Jeep Commander SUV Consumer Reviews - 86 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Jeep Commander SUV - Consumer Reviews

2007 Jeep Commander SUV

View reviews for a specific Commander model:

Classy executive car
By carlos

2007 Jeep Commander SUV Overland 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This car has met all my expectations. As an executive it is roomy, comfortable, and elegant. Gas mileage could be better, but all the other things compensate for it. I would not change. I tried the other jeep models and this is just it for me.

Sun roof, stereo sound, space.

Mileage per gallon

Not happy with its reliability.... :-(
By lnunez

2007 Jeep Commander SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We owned a 1995 Jeep, we were so pleased with this Jeep we decided to purchase the Commander, without reading up on the reviews. Big mistake, we have been taking the jeep to the dealer because it accelerates at a stop. i feel it has a mind of its own. We also had a problem with the windshield the weather strip unglued and we had to pay for it. Its hard to see at the back window, has too many blind stops. Will be trading it in for a toyota sienna.

Figure out the problem on it stalling and accelerating/shaking at a stop. Blind stops, rear seat very uncomfortable.

RockSolid
By Rock Solid

2007 Jeep Commander SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I was reading all the negative reviews and wondered if I had the same vehicle? We bought this as an end-of- year closeout on the 2007 models. We have 22K on the Commander with nary an issue. I have the 4.7 flex fuel option and it has been rock solid. Average 16 in city and 22 highway. This vehicle drives and feels like a primo luxury vehicle – smooth solid and surefooted as a mountain goat. The only issue I have is the vehicle is best described as “sedate”. It doesn’t have hard acceleration and just moseys on down the road. Turning radius is awesome, 4WD off road is tenacious. This vehicle is not as big as it looks at first glance and tight parking places are a breeze. Love it!

I like the Ride, all time 4WD, and the turning radius

More horsepower / torque.

More Then We Expected
By OurJeepLife

2007 Jeep Commander SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

If the 2010 Commander is anything like our 2007 Commander. Persons buying this for the first time will be very surprised as we were. The over all comfort (moving from a 99 Wrangler to the Commander) is very adequate and the space is ample. The trips are ready and the items packed.. Don't be surprised if you see us hitting the road in our Commander very soon.

Roomy, Leather seats, The comfort and knowing that It can go off road (trail Rated) if need be.

Selecting a different OEM tire for the vehicle, The OEM Goodyear Tires Are just not cutting it. Maybe a beefier stance.

stalling?
By silver314

2007 Jeep Commander SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

i love my jeep. we bought it a month before the birth of our first child and i have not had any problems until recently, when you go from reverse to drive the engine light comes on and it says service park assist system and then all the gear letters light up and it "bucks" a little. it has also happened at highway speeds. has anyone else had a problem like this?

comfortable front seats, dials and knobs all within easy reach, plenty of room for kids and dogs on road trips.

rear seats need to be a little more comfortable and more storage compartments