2007 Jeep Commander SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Commander model:
Power and Personality
By Charles H. on 01/11/08 20:16 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Commander SUV Overland 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased my new Jeep Commander unaware that this aerodynamicly improper SUV would have so much power. Everywhere you go, people notice it. Not great on gas though, can actually see the fuel meter drifting leftward during hard acceleration.

I love my Jeep!
By LaurBry25 on 01/02/08 17:07 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Commander SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my Commander a month ago and I love it! I had also considered the Patriot, Chevy Equinox and Ford Escape, and am glad that I chose the bigger SUV. I recently took a 1400 mile trip and it rode great on the highway and I felt very comfortable and safe. The gas mileage was decent considering how big this car really is, I am averaging 16-18 city and 19- 21 highway. The only problem so far is the CD player which first wouldn't take in a CD, and now it does but reads "Error." Overall, I love the ride, looks, and it goes through snow like nothing!

Great Jeep
By danbasting52 on 11/19/07 16:11 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Commander SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Had the Commander just over 3 weeks. So far, love it. We had to have a 3rd row seat and 4x4.Considered other larger SUV's (Tahoe, Yukon, Escalade, etc.) Found this one used with low miles for a great price. The only thing it didnt have was a DVD system and a hitch. The dealer added those items plus tinted the windows for no cost. That was the seller for us.

Love it!
By caligirl on 11/12/07 21:00 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Commander SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I was worried the 3.7L engine would not have enough power but it is adequate. I have 2 children in car seats and an 8yr old and there is plenty of room. We are talking large Britax car seats and I was still able to pack my 3 kids and my friends 2 elementary aged children in the Jeep including her with no problems. I love my Jeep, I wouldn't trade it for any other vehicle out there! The stereo is great for not going with the upgraded system and the rear ac/heater and reverse sensing are wonderful.

Leaks water
By R Holland on 11/08/07 06:56 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Commander SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Nice car, fun to drive, rough mileage is expected. Main issue is quality control on some models. My Rocky Mountain Edition leaks whenever it rains - fills drivers side foot wells. Has been in three times and not fixed. its a design flaw that needs to be fixed.

Awesome Jeep
By Waffen72 on 10/26/07 11:26 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Commander SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

My wife and I love our new Commander. Fun to drive, great road visibility, quiet ride, very comfortable seating all around. The 3.7 V6 delivers plenty of power, and is very responsive with its electronic control fuel injection.

Great Car, Poor Fuel Economy
By Missy on 10/26/07 04:46 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Commander SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned this now for three months and love the sportiness. However, the estimate of 16/22 mpg is way, way off base. I average 10-12 mpg. city and recently took a trip and averaged 13- 14 mpg highway! Not sure yet if this is worth the upsides of the vehicle. Only other complaint is no cargo nets when hauling groceries in back...stuff rolls out of gate when opened. Third row does block rear view and very little leg room when used. Fine for every day but not as comfortable and roomy for long trips.

I like it.
By WireEd on 10/25/07 12:58 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Commander SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Driver seat moves to where I can get comfortable. Good engine power, reasonable economy for V8 SUV. Transmission shifts crisp, automatic 2 speed transfer case is very quiet and works properly. I had reviewed and considered Ford Explorer, Expedition, Dodge Durango, Chrysler Aspen, GMC Envoy and Chevy Trailblazer. There were 2 warranty problems from the get go: E-brake was not connected from the factory and there is tick noise in front axle dealer is having trouble finding. Other than that I like the vehicle. It fits our needs with style. Mine actually was not a Limited edition but it was the only style I could select to complete tis review. Mine was a Sport edition with the 4.7L engine.

Great ride!
By Jackie on 10/16/07 09:48 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Commander SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased this due to the 3rd row, as that was the main factor in buying it. I absolutely love the car, it rides amazing (we don't do any offroading) and I feel 100% safe with my family and my 2 year old son, with the side airbags. But with the 2nd row having a small amount of leg room, there's barely enough room for his car seat, I don't know how he'll fit in it in a another year while still in his car seat. Also, wish it was a bit lower to the ground. Stadium seating is great, but takes away a few inches of cargo room.

New Car
By Jason on 09/26/07 09:33 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Commander SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Great new SUV. The 3.7 is a perfect choice and the 4.7 doesn't seem to perform any better. A lot of options with the Rocky Mountain package.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.