2007 Jeep Commander SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Commander model:
Chevy Lover Falls 4 A Jeep
By ChiIrishGrl on 07/31/09 17:46 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Commander SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I've had Chevy's almost all my driving life and I was persuaded to try out a Jeep and I fell in love with it. I have had no issues with it mechanically and the gas mileage is about the same as my Trailblazers.

Bad gas milage but great car
By Taylor on 05/27/09 17:23 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Commander SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

The car is a great looking car and has all of the interior features I would need. It would be great if it had more power but the power it has is enough to get you around. The gas mileage averages about 13.5 miles per gallon but other than that it is an excellent car. The only problems that I have had with the car were that one of the tire pressure sensors was messed up but that was covered by warranty so it was no big deal.

Great Jeep
By tmaines on 05/14/09 17:06 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Commander SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We got the Limited with the 5.7 Hemi and all the bells and whistles. So far we have been very pleased. This truck will go anywhere and the third row seats, although cramped for adults, really serve our family of 5 well. The powertrain is awesome, although the fuel economy is definitely poor(as we knew before the purchase). The towing abilities are also well appreciated.

TIRES
By CASEY on 04/23/09 20:14 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Commander SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought the SUV in June 08 and I haven't had any problems with the vehicle yet. The gas mileage is horrible but the car drives wonderful. I ran over a large screw driver this weekend and I drove 15 miles with it in my tire because I couldn't pull it out. The guy at Tires Plus had a very hard time pulling the screw driver out of the tire. It took him about 15 minutes to get it out. When he finally got it out of the tire, it didn't need to be replace. He put the tire in the solution and there was no damage. Wow!!! I hope I have good luck with the rest of the car like I did with the tires. Also I wish the 3rd row could have a been more comfortable.

Command of the Commander
By MattDaddy on 12/31/08 22:55 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Commander SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my Commander yesterday and I absolutely love it!! I have the 4.7L flex-fuel V8 Sport package. The cloth interior is very comfortable and the layout and ergonomics are awesome! So far, I've averaged about 15.7 mpg in mostly city driving. Pretty good for a big SUV. This is one sweet ride!!

The Lemon
By Mike on 11/11/08 07:50 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Commander SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

My wife and I purchased a Jeep Commander Rocky Mount. My wife loved the look of the commander and I liked the lifetime warranty. Soon after purchasing it, one month, a loud whistling noise started coming from the dash. After three trips back to the dealer they stated they didn't know how to fix the problem. Since then, if you try to close the front two windows along with the sun roof, the sunroof will open itself back up. Again they stated there is nothing they can do because they don't know how to fix it. We are now involved in a lawsuit forcing them to buy it back. They are trying to say we have to pay them to buy it back. do not buy this car!

whistling commander
By cdawg on 08/19/08 10:42 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Commander SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Love the commander, comfort is great. 700 mile trip very comfortable. Wind noise(whistling) on passenger side that NO ONE can hear but us and anyone that rides with us( how funny is that) Service says there are not service advisories on it (why not? Jeep forum is FULL of complaints.) The service department thinks we are crazy. Lately it only happens once in a while. but changes in temps will be happening very soon here in LA. We shall see.

Mixed Feelings..!
By Carlos A. Gonzalez on 07/23/08 23:01 PM (PDT)

Love Jeeps have own three over the years. The Commander is by far the most

Learning to love your vehicle
By 3sa on 07/18/08 07:25 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Commander SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I traded my Chrysler Pacifica for the Commander. I loved the way it drove and handled and was looking to only upgrade. Once I drove the Commander it was surprisingly pleasant and I liked the sporty look. People often mistaken my "P" for a van which I hated. What I don't like is the 3rd row seat (for kids or small adults but ok), it blocks visibility when head rests are up, passenger seat sits to low, very hard to see stop light when stopped, rain collects at driver door, need better cup holders in 2nd row, and air vents make noise when opening to defrost. Gas mileage could be better. Thank God I live 5-10 miles from work and my daughters school. I miss the "P" but beginning to love my "C"!

Loved it except when it rains!
By Linda B. on 06/27/08 13:25 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Commander SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I really love driving this vehicle. You sit very high up which gives good visibility. Very roomy and love the rear park assist. Love the look of the exterior. I had a major problem with the vehicle leaking from the sunroof, windshield, and driver's side grip handle. The dealership tried 4 times to fix the issue but were unsuccessful. It needs a better water draining system from its roof.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.