Used 2007 Jeep Commander SUV Consumer Reviews - 86 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Jeep Commander SUV - Consumer Reviews

2007 Jeep Commander SUV

View reviews for a specific Commander model:

"Transmission Over Temp"
By Chris

2007 Jeep Commander SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

My Jeep has left me stranded 4 times, only to befuddle the mechanics, simply Google the message "Transmission Over Temp" and you'll see the many, many people who have experienced this UNFIXABLE KNOWN PROBLEM that Jeep dealerships have no idea how to address. The most recent dealer to attempt to diagnose the problem stated that they will not look at it if it happens again. They actually told me to take it elsewhere. Do class action attorneys read these reviews?

I actually like the comfort, style, etc. of the car, can't keep it though. It continues to strand me (2 times starting a few hours later, 2 times being towed to JEEP dealerships) and I'm get shrugs from the JEEP dealerships. Each has stated it would cost hundreds in diagnostics and I won't pay it.

Find what causes the UNFIXABLEW KNOWN PROBLEM and advise dealers as to the fix...

Not sure yet
By jordanggg

2007 Jeep Commander SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased a Jeep Commander 4x4 4 months ago and have put 8,000 miles on it. Bought with 19,000 miles on it. 2 days after purchase, Jeep spent 9 days in the shop with transmission problem. Dealer is/was awesome. Since then no issues, average 17.5 miles per gallon. Tight handling, solid build quality. The quality seems great. Can fit 7-8 people for a comfortable 2-3 hr trip. Roomy, and very capable in any driving condition. Very safe, and is great looking. We would recommend it.

Feels like you are driving a combat vehicle. Controls and feel are great. Easy to use cargo/seating. Tall, acceptable MPG, great handling. Super tight.

Would like to get 20 MPG. Sluggish acceleration. 3.7 V6 seems a tad underpowered. Windshield is virtually straight up and down making it a bug magnet.

A great jeep, and it's got a Hemi!
By PC

2007 Jeep Commander SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Commander Overland has everything I need, I tows 7500 lbs, it fun to drive and fits everywhere. Smooth and comfortable ride. I make 400 mile trips to Maine from NJ on a regular basis. I even have the stock goodyear forteras up to 46,000 miles so far. 3rd row seats fold flat into the floor. I carry two black labs back there with their own A/C vents when the seats are down. I tow a 24' 4500 lb jet boat and a 20' 3000 lb snowmobile trailer in heavy snow along mountain passes with complete confidence.

Smart beams, Auto/rain sensing wipers, back-up camera (great for hooking up trailers) remote start Great for Maine winters or Hot NJ Summer. Smooth highway ride. Hemi v-8 sound, audio controls on rear of wheel so you hands can stay in position. Loads of Hemi Power and runs on regular gas!

Build it again on the new Cherokee platform!

Hell YES!
By SinisterSmitty

2007 Jeep Commander SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I just bought a used 2007 Jeep Commander Limited 4x4. It's white exterior and with all the chrome accents is a head turner, and the dark brown leather interior, with sunroof, 2 moon roofs, and 3rd row seating is beautiful and so comfortable. I love, love, love this car. I also own a BMW X5, and this is the only non-BMW SUV I've driven that comes close to the smooth ride of the X5.

Brown leather seats, rear seat moon roofs, performance, appearance both interior and exterior, all the room on the inside!

Of course, as with any large SUV, improved fuel economy would be awesome.

Best suv ever with hemi
By gary

2007 Jeep Commander SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

One of the best cars I ever owned! Hemi power is great. Can average 23 mpg if I drive like I am 90 years old. Tried it! Otherwise I average about 18 mpg, racing everyone who will Dare! Great SUV. Does everything above average.

hemi stereo features comfort

needs to be lowered, leaky sunroof, needs third row windows that open.