Used 2007 Jeep Commander Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Jeep Commander - Consumer Reviews

2007 Jeep Commander

View reviews for a specific Commander model:

Leaking Sun Roof
By Tyrone Jefferson

2007 Jeep Commander Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my 2007 used in 2012 with 80,000 miles. Since then it now has 155,000 miles it is relaible as longs as you keep up with maintance. My issue is with the sun roof. It leaks into the hand rails. I have taken it back to the dealer. They have cleaned but it is a continuous concern because we live in Florida and we have bad rain storms in the summer. I have to pay extra for a permenent fix. I think Jeep should have a recall for this. It is a design flaw. I am also having trouble with the right turning signal. It turns on and off on its own. I am not sure if this is because of the leaking sun roof.Also the driver's lock motor is making a loud noise and only unlocks with the key

Favorite Features

Reliable, durable....good for camping. I plan to have it for another 100,000 miles :.... You must keep up with the maintance. It will work in your favor.

Suggested Improvements

The sun roof!

Wish I could get 2014
By cicmurphy

2007 Jeep Commander Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I live in Utah and we have considerable amounts of snow and ice in the winter and I trust my Jeep to get me to where ever I am wanting to go, no matter the weather. I have taken it playing in the mud, sand, rain and snow and have absolutely no complaints. I have 120000 miles on it and other than the recommended upkeep, there has been no other repairs, replacements or issues. I only wish Jeep had kept making them so that I could upgrade to a newer model once I hit 200000 miles.

Favorite Features

ABS control never lets me down Comfort - Space in back seats, big enough for an adult Lay down back rows allows for plenty of room when I take my Labs hiking (each 100+ lbs)

Suggested Improvements

Bring back the Commander

Oh No!
By elkrunn

2007 Jeep Commander Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

It's going to be a year since I bought this Jeep. Not dependable at all..do not take this Jeep off road..will get stuck..ice,snow have to be careful since the 4x4 will auto turn on and it does not work at all. Has blind spots, plastic plastic everywhere, the visor was not planned we'll you can't see the road. Windshield the worst thing ever I'm scared that thing will bust, I can go on. Last night I almost hit a huge moose. I had my little one with me, I slammed my breaks and turned my wheel to avoid hitting this huge animal. The car did not stop on contact my car slid sideways, I was shocked this car did not stop. This is a 4x4 and did not act like it..the seat belts worked, wow

Favorite Features

None at all no favs

Suggested Improvements

I think the 4x4 auto control is horrible. Gas mileage super bad. I can't get rid of this car Jeep has no incentives for Jeep owners, we'll only if you want to buy a $40,000 car. Hey I'm not made of money, would like to see a incentives for upside down owners. I hate this Jeep. Don't feel safe. My Subaru has got me out of dirt, mud that our Jeep had gotten stuck, Jeep Commander has no power. Can't wait to get rid of these piece of plastic junk.

Slowest thing on the road
By notbrian

2007 Jeep Commander Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I traded in our Trailblazer SS for a base model '07 V6 Commander 4x4 for the woman. I picked it up for under $11k with 77k miles and it's in really good condition, not a spec of rust under it - and that's rare for Ohio. Anyways, coming from a 400hp monster to this thing, I start dosing off a bit when putting the hammer down. I've driven vietnam-era military vehicles faster than this slug. The interior and build quality seems a lot nicer than Chevy's, and the woman is happy, so I guess I'm happy. It's been pretty reliable so far, but I'm one to keep up with maintenance. A little bit of that goes a long way, so people should maybe think about that before typing up a page of complaints.

Favorite Features

Interior is nice Pushes through any bad weather Maintenance is easy for the do-it-yourself'er Plenty of interior room Stereo is nice

Suggested Improvements

The V6 is awful

poor making
By tikkjoe

2007 Jeep Commander Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

i have bought this car from jeep dealer and was told i get about 10 to 14 a gallon first 2 weeks i got about that then on display i seen at first 250 miles to empty now on a full tank 17 gallons i see 151 miles to a gallon and doing 65 on highway i get 11 miles to a gallon and dealers say thats about right [non-permissible content removed].