Used 2007 Jeep Commander Overland SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Jeep Commander SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Commander model:

Love my 2007 commander
By Sher

2007 Jeep Commander SUV Overland 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I love this car except that this particular one is missing some of the bells and whistles like push button start and navigation system. I wish Jeep was still making them. Just not a fan of the new SUV styles out there. Thank goodness I don't have to get a new car because can't find anything I like. The only bummer is the gas mileage but that's what happens with a boxy vehicle

you can rely it's going to break down
By Josh

2007 Jeep Commander SUV Overland 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

super dangerous! This 2007 Jeep Commander shut down without warning on the freeway. No steering no breaks.! Do not purchase one! You and your family are not worth the risk.

Loved My Jeep
By lovemyjeep4

2007 Jeep Commander SUV Overland 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Purchased used, Limited with Hemi in 2008 for $22k with 19K miles ! (Original sticker was $41K Fully Loaded with all the trimmings. Practically stole it as gas was over $4 per gallon when I bought it. Best car I ever owned! No major problems. Drivier power window motor replaced - that's it in 4 years. No transmission problems. Due to loss of job, sold this past weekend for $17k. Practically ZERO depreciation. Can't wait to buy another one! Would recommend to anyone.

The extras. When traveling long distances, the extras really make the car worth it. Very comfortable for long drives.

Classy executive car
By carlos

2007 Jeep Commander SUV Overland 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This car has met all my expectations. As an executive it is roomy, comfortable, and elegant. Gas mileage could be better, but all the other things compensate for it. I would not change. I tried the other jeep models and this is just it for me.

Sun roof, stereo sound, space.

Mileage per gallon

Commander
By j. byrd

2007 Jeep Commander SUV Overland 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

We bought our Commander late one afternoon. It had a cool look to it and a third row seat. Which needs to be ditched..you can't see out the back window but through an 11x14 space. The main thing that I hate about the car is the canvas seats that, we were told were stain resistant and water resistant..wrong! My seats are horrible looking and I now have camo seat covers on the back seats because I am embarrassed for the way they look. The windshield whistles when you get past 60 mph. There is no leg room in the front. If I turn the corner hard enough the tires screech. It's been in the shop 2x for power steering failure, in the middle of driving, 6 more months on our lease, PTL.

The color and looks, chrome detail inside. I guess the over all look sold me on it!

Ditch back seat, don't sell the canvas seats, horrible, horrible. Needs more personal storage. Cup holders for back,put in middle console.

• SUV