Used 2007 Jeep Commander Limited SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Jeep Commander - Consumer Reviews

2007 Jeep Commander SUV

View reviews for a specific Commander model:

Perfect for a Family
By sbitterle

2007 Jeep Commander SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

2007 Jeep Commander, have owned it now for a year. Purchased it used, so somebody else took the depreciation in value. This truck is a tank. It will go through any kind of weather, terrain. Love it. Our family of 5 rides comfortably in it. Less room than our old Caravan, but this vehicle weighs twice as much. I feel better knowing that my family has 6800lbs of metal around them. Can't comment on the leaking issue, as mine doesn't have a sunroof. Gas millage is not the greatest, but I knew that buying it. Bottom line, if you want a durable, safe truck....This ones for you. NOTE: I do regular fluid changes on engine, trans, rear end diff.....So have not had any reliablity issues.

Favorite Features

3rd row seat, great for my 8 year old Great stereo Auto 4 wheel drive

Best suv ever with hemi
By gary

2007 Jeep Commander SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

One of the best cars I ever owned! Hemi power is great. Can average 23 mpg if I drive like I am 90 years old. Tried it! Otherwise I average about 18 mpg, racing everyone who will Dare! Great SUV. Does everything above average.

Favorite Features

hemi stereo features comfort

Suggested Improvements

needs to be lowered, leaky sunroof, needs third row windows that open.

2007 Jeep Commander Limited V8 Hemi
By none

2007 Jeep Commander SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I love this jeep. The second and third row seating is cramped, but I'm the driver so it doesn't apply to me. Only comfortable for kid passengers.

Favorite Features

rain sensitive wipers, power lift and close tailgate with back front and remote button, auto dim headlamps! LOVE those features!

Suggested Improvements

more leg room for passengers

Leak is a Design Flaw
By Pesmith

2007 Jeep Commander SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

If you have a sunroof your Jeep will leak in a rain storm. Here is the problem; the drain tubes are too small to handle the amount of flow in a rain storm. Every sunroof on the market leaks, you cut a hole in a roof and it will leak, but there are drain pans around the edge of the sunroof and 4 drain tubes, but when it rains and rains, the drain tubes cannot handle the amount of flow. The jeep will only flood if you park it outside setting in the rain. Have fun, I sold my Jeep and lost about 6k.

Not happy with its reliability.... :-(
By lnunez

2007 Jeep Commander SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We owned a 1995 Jeep, we were so pleased with this Jeep we decided to purchase the Commander, without reading up on the reviews. Big mistake, we have been taking the jeep to the dealer because it accelerates at a stop. i feel it has a mind of its own. We also had a problem with the windshield the weather strip unglued and we had to pay for it. Its hard to see at the back window, has too many blind stops. Will be trading it in for a toyota sienna.

Suggested Improvements

Figure out the problem on it stalling and accelerating/shaking at a stop. Blind stops, rear seat very uncomfortable.