Used 2007 Jeep Commander SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Jeep Commander SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Commander model:

Love my 2007 commander
By Sher

2007 Jeep Commander SUV Overland 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I love this car except that this particular one is missing some of the bells and whistles like push button start and navigation system. I wish Jeep was still making them. Just not a fan of the new SUV styles out there. Thank goodness I don't have to get a new car because can't find anything I like. The only bummer is the gas mileage but that's what happens with a boxy vehicle

you can rely it's going to break down
By Josh

2007 Jeep Commander SUV Overland 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

super dangerous! This 2007 Jeep Commander shut down without warning on the freeway. No steering no breaks.! Do not purchase one! You and your family are not worth the risk.

Leaking Sun Roof
By Tyrone Jefferson

2007 Jeep Commander SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my 2007 used in 2012 with 80,000 miles. Since then it now has 155,000 miles it is relaible as longs as you keep up with maintance. My issue is with the sun roof. It leaks into the hand rails. I have taken it back to the dealer. They have cleaned but it is a continuous concern because we live in Florida and we have bad rain storms in the summer. I have to pay extra for a permenent fix. I think Jeep should have a recall for this. It is a design flaw. I am also having trouble with the right turning signal. It turns on and off on its own. I am not sure if this is because of the leaking sun roof.Also the driver's lock motor is making a loud noise and only unlocks with the key

Reliable, durable....good for camping. I plan to have it for another 100,000 miles :.... You must keep up with the maintance. It will work in your favor.

The sun roof!

Wish I could get 2014
By cicmurphy

2007 Jeep Commander SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I live in Utah and we have considerable amounts of snow and ice in the winter and I trust my Jeep to get me to where ever I am wanting to go, no matter the weather. I have taken it playing in the mud, sand, rain and snow and have absolutely no complaints. I have 120000 miles on it and other than the recommended upkeep, there has been no other repairs, replacements or issues. I only wish Jeep had kept making them so that I could upgrade to a newer model once I hit 200000 miles.

ABS control never lets me down Comfort - Space in back seats, big enough for an adult Lay down back rows allows for plenty of room when I take my Labs hiking (each 100+ lbs)

Bring back the Commander

Oh No!
By elkrunn

2007 Jeep Commander SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

It's going to be a year since I bought this Jeep. Not dependable at all..do not take this Jeep off road..will get stuck..ice,snow have to be careful since the 4x4 will auto turn on and it does not work at all. Has blind spots, plastic plastic everywhere, the visor was not planned we'll you can't see the road. Windshield the worst thing ever I'm scared that thing will bust, I can go on. Last night I almost hit a huge moose. I had my little one with me, I slammed my breaks and turned my wheel to avoid hitting this huge animal. The car did not stop on contact my car slid sideways, I was shocked this car did not stop. This is a 4x4 and did not act like it..the seat belts worked, wow

None at all no favs

I think the 4x4 auto control is horrible. Gas mileage super bad. I can't get rid of this car Jeep has no incentives for Jeep owners, we'll only if you want to buy a $40,000 car. Hey I'm not made of money, would like to see a incentives for upside down owners. I hate this Jeep. Don't feel safe. My Subaru has got me out of dirt, mud that our Jeep had gotten stuck, Jeep Commander has no power. Can't wait to get rid of these piece of plastic junk.

• SUV