Used 2007 Jeep Commander SUV Consumer Reviews - 86 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Jeep Commander SUV - Consumer Reviews

2007 Jeep Commander SUV

View reviews for a specific Commander model:

Great used vehicle
By Frank Mylar

2007 Jeep Commander SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

After fixing minor issues such as windshield washer, etc. this Jeep was a very comfortable ride, like a luxury SUV, but felt much smaller on the outside.

Solid, Well Built, Reliable
By mda687

2007 Jeep Commander SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Terrific SUV for the money, lots of room, smooth driving, easy to navigate, very comfortable to drive and ride in.
Really enjoyed owning this vehicle, the only thing I would have done differently is get the V8, however the gas mileage would have been a drawback over the 6 Cyl. There were times more power would have been nice, however the 3.7 6 Cyl. Does a pretty good job, it just has to work a little harder, going up hill.

An easy 8 out of 10 overall.

Love to Hate it
By Michael

2007 Jeep Commander SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I like the heavy duty heft of my jeep, gas mileage is as expected for a heavy Jeep with a V8 Hemi. I love the way it looks and the 4X4 works great. It rides nice, it is quite and the stereo sounds great. The sun roof does leak but I live in SoCal. My only regret are all of the electrical problems I have had. Stalling on the freeway while I am driving, intermittent starting issues. and the high cost of replacement parts. I am torn if I want to sell it or hold on and hope the last 7 trips to the Jeep dealer resolved all issues.

Love my 2007 commander
By Sher

2007 Jeep Commander SUV Overland 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I love this car except that this particular one is missing some of the bells and whistles like push button start and navigation system. I wish Jeep was still making them. Just not a fan of the new SUV styles out there. Thank goodness I don't have to get a new car because can't find anything I like. The only bummer is the gas mileage but that's what happens with a boxy vehicle

you can rely it's going to break down
By Josh

2007 Jeep Commander SUV Overland 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

super dangerous! This 2007 Jeep Commander shut down without warning on the freeway. No steering no breaks.! Do not purchase one! You and your family are not worth the risk.