2007 Jeep Commander - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Commander model:
Perfect for a Family
By sbitterle on 12/02/11 09:24 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Commander Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

2007 Jeep Commander, have owned it now for a year. Purchased it used, so somebody else took the depreciation in value. This truck is a tank. It will go through any kind of weather, terrain. Love it. Our family of 5 rides comfortably in it. Less room than our old Caravan, but this vehicle weighs twice as much. I feel better knowing that my family has 6800lbs of metal around them. Can't comment on the leaking issue, as mine doesn't have a sunroof. Gas millage is not the greatest, but I knew that buying it. Bottom line, if you want a durable, safe truck....This ones for you. NOTE: I do regular fluid changes on engine, trans, rear end diff.....So have not had any reliablity issues.

Best suv ever with hemi
By gary on 07/10/10 07:10 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Commander Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

One of the best cars I ever owned! Hemi power is great. Can average 23 mpg if I drive like I am 90 years old. Tried it! Otherwise I average about 18 mpg, racing everyone who will Dare! Great SUV. Does everything above average.

2007 Jeep Commander Limited V8 Hemi
By none on 05/17/10 13:37 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Commander Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I love this jeep. The second and third row seating is cramped, but I'm the driver so it doesn't apply to me. Only comfortable for kid passengers.

Leak is a Design Flaw
By Pesmith on 02/26/10 12:26 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Commander Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

If you have a sunroof your Jeep will leak in a rain storm. Here is the problem; the drain tubes are too small to handle the amount of flow in a rain storm. Every sunroof on the market leaks, you cut a hole in a roof and it will leak, but there are drain pans around the edge of the sunroof and 4 drain tubes, but when it rains and rains, the drain tubes cannot handle the amount of flow. The jeep will only flood if you park it outside setting in the rain. Have fun, I sold my Jeep and lost about 6k.

Not happy with its reliability.... :-(
By lnunez on 01/09/10 12:49 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Commander Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We owned a 1995 Jeep, we were so pleased with this Jeep we decided to purchase the Commander, without reading up on the reviews. Big mistake, we have been taking the jeep to the dealer because it accelerates at a stop. i feel it has a mind of its own. We also had a problem with the windshield the weather strip unglued and we had to pay for it. Its hard to see at the back window, has too many blind stops. Will be trading it in for a toyota sienna.

Raining in my jeep
By Swimmin in the car on 10/15/09 20:36 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Commander Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

My sister and I both have the 2007 commander. Mine has 38,000 miles and the sunroof and windshield are leaking. The water shorted out the radio. Windshield has been repaired 2 times. My sister's has leaked since day 1. I liked the jeep until it started flooding. Rides good. Don't like the second row stadium seating. Cannot see out the back window with 3rd row up. I am past the warranty, so I am riding in a flooded car with no stereo. The cost for repair is $900.

Design flaw
By Michael in Fla. on 08/17/09 13:07 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Commander Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Leased a 2007 Jeep Commander in Clearwater, Florida. My Jeep developed a horrible leak. When it rains I get a standing puddle of water on the floor on the driver's side. Dealership said it's a maintenance issue and said it will be $100 to blow out a sunroof drain line because it's clogged with debris. I argued there is nothing in the owner's manual addressing this "maintenance" and pointed out that there are also several service bulletins issued by Chrysler addressing this issue. They said this is the customer's responsibility. No wonder Chrysler is in trouble.

Great car, poor seating layout
By charlie scott on 03/31/08 12:42 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Commander Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I love everything about this car with one exception, this should be a 5 passenger vehicle. Do not buy it if you plan on using the third row. As it is now, both the second & third row are way too cramped. Two adults in the second row are uncomfortable after 30 a 30 minute trip. If you only have small kids in the second row you're fine. This car is not as large as Jeep seems to think it is. The seond row seats do not slide back & the third row is a complete waste. Gas mileage sucks, but you already know that if you are looking at this type of vehicle :-)

Wonderful Utility Vehicle
By RCowan on 09/15/07 16:16 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Commander Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

The Commander is just an all around great family vehicle. The styling and comfort are wonderful and the kids love the theater style seating and Command View sky lights. The 4.7L has plenty of power and when driven sensibly can average fine fuel economy on the freeway. This is our first Jeep product and we love it so far! I would recommend the Commander without reservation to any family that needs to haul people and stuff on a regular basis. This is my 13th brand new car and I think it's my favorite!!

Lovin it
By Mom of 2 kids & dogs on 08/02/07 14:44 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Commander Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I love this Jeep. I have owned various 3 row vehicles. I owned an MPV and then an Excursion. This fits the bill in lots of ways and I find the external design to be very fun.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.