Used 2007 Jeep Commander Sport Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Jeep Commander - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Commander model:

Leaking Sun Roof
By Tyrone Jefferson

2007 Jeep Commander Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my 2007 used in 2012 with 80,000 miles. Since then it now has 155,000 miles it is relaible as longs as you keep up with maintance. My issue is with the sun roof. It leaks into the hand rails. I have taken it back to the dealer. They have cleaned but it is a continuous concern because we live in Florida and we have bad rain storms in the summer. I have to pay extra for a permenent fix. I think Jeep should have a recall for this. It is a design flaw. I am also having trouble with the right turning signal. It turns on and off on its own. I am not sure if this is because of the leaking sun roof.Also the driver's lock motor is making a loud noise and only unlocks with the key

Reliable, durable....good for camping. I plan to have it for another 100,000 miles :.... You must keep up with the maintance. It will work in your favor.

The sun roof!

Not so much a Jeep as the old ones.
By johntesh71

2007 Jeep Commander Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Bought used in 2010 with 50,000 miles. Had the radiator cooling fans go out one month after I bought it and then the Shifter broke costing me $200 dollars to fix. Took it off roading and nearly destroyed the front fender...Hit a patch of snow at 25 mph and slid all 4 wheels spinning for 90 feet through traffic...blew the rear strut assembly driving over a speed bump then ended up only getting 17 mpg on average costing me almost $6000 dollars a year in gas....I recommend finding an older Cherokee or Grand Cherokee and sticking with that this thing was a nightmare for me and my family glad were trading it in for a Dodge...good ridance.

Very good off road nothing much else

Pentastar 3.6L V6 under the hood would have made this Jeep amazing, Less of the old boxy SUV look...And for god sakes make this thing able to handle a bit better in snow like the new Grand Cherokees can.

Not sure yet
By jordanggg

2007 Jeep Commander Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased a Jeep Commander 4x4 4 months ago and have put 8,000 miles on it. Bought with 19,000 miles on it. 2 days after purchase, Jeep spent 9 days in the shop with transmission problem. Dealer is/was awesome. Since then no issues, average 17.5 miles per gallon. Tight handling, solid build quality. The quality seems great. Can fit 7-8 people for a comfortable 2-3 hr trip. Roomy, and very capable in any driving condition. Very safe, and is great looking. We would recommend it.

Feels like you are driving a combat vehicle. Controls and feel are great. Easy to use cargo/seating. Tall, acceptable MPG, great handling. Super tight.

Would like to get 20 MPG. Sluggish acceleration. 3.7 V6 seems a tad underpowered. Windshield is virtually straight up and down making it a bug magnet.

RockSolid
By Rock Solid

2007 Jeep Commander Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I was reading all the negative reviews and wondered if I had the same vehicle? We bought this as an end-of- year closeout on the 2007 models. We have 22K on the Commander with nary an issue. I have the 4.7 flex fuel option and it has been rock solid. Average 16 in city and 22 highway. This vehicle drives and feels like a primo luxury vehicle – smooth solid and surefooted as a mountain goat. The only issue I have is the vehicle is best described as “sedate”. It doesn’t have hard acceleration and just moseys on down the road. Turning radius is awesome, 4WD off road is tenacious. This vehicle is not as big as it looks at first glance and tight parking places are a breeze. Love it!

I like the Ride, all time 4WD, and the turning radius

More horsepower / torque.

stalling?
By silver314

2007 Jeep Commander Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

i love my jeep. we bought it a month before the birth of our first child and i have not had any problems until recently, when you go from reverse to drive the engine light comes on and it says service park assist system and then all the gear letters light up and it "bucks" a little. it has also happened at highway speeds. has anyone else had a problem like this?

comfortable front seats, dials and knobs all within easy reach, plenty of room for kids and dogs on road trips.

rear seats need to be a little more comfortable and more storage compartments