2007 Jeep Commander - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Commander model:
Not so much a Jeep as the old ones.
By johntesh71 on 09/22/11 09:11 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Commander Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Bought used in 2010 with 50,000 miles. Had the radiator cooling fans go out one month after I bought it and then the Shifter broke costing me $200 dollars to fix. Took it off roading and nearly destroyed the front fender...Hit a patch of snow at 25 mph and slid all 4 wheels spinning for 90 feet through traffic...blew the rear strut assembly driving over a speed bump then ended up only getting 17 mpg on average costing me almost $6000 dollars a year in gas....I recommend finding an older Cherokee or Grand Cherokee and sticking with that this thing was a nightmare for me and my family glad were trading it in for a Dodge...good ridance.

Not sure yet
By jordanggg on 09/05/10 19:10 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Commander Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased a Jeep Commander 4x4 4 months ago and have put 8,000 miles on it. Bought with 19,000 miles on it. 2 days after purchase, Jeep spent 9 days in the shop with transmission problem. Dealer is/was awesome. Since then no issues, average 17.5 miles per gallon. Tight handling, solid build quality. The quality seems great. Can fit 7-8 people for a comfortable 2-3 hr trip. Roomy, and very capable in any driving condition. Very safe, and is great looking. We would recommend it.

RockSolid
By Rock Solid on 11/08/09 08:40 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Commander Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I was reading all the negative reviews and wondered if I had the same vehicle? We bought this as an end-of- year closeout on the 2007 models. We have 22K on the Commander with nary an issue. I have the 4.7 flex fuel option and it has been rock solid. Average 16 in city and 22 highway. This vehicle drives and feels like a primo luxury vehicle – smooth solid and surefooted as a mountain goat. The only issue I have is the vehicle is best described as “sedate”. It doesn’t have hard acceleration and just moseys on down the road. Turning radius is awesome, 4WD off road is tenacious. This vehicle is not as big as it looks at first glance and tight parking places are a breeze. Love it!

stalling?
By silver314 on 11/02/09 15:29 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Commander Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

i love my jeep. we bought it a month before the birth of our first child and i have not had any problems until recently, when you go from reverse to drive the engine light comes on and it says service park assist system and then all the gear letters light up and it "bucks" a little. it has also happened at highway speeds. has anyone else had a problem like this?

Bad gas milage but great car
By Taylor on 05/27/09 17:23 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Commander Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

The car is a great looking car and has all of the interior features I would need. It would be great if it had more power but the power it has is enough to get you around. The gas mileage averages about 13.5 miles per gallon but other than that it is an excellent car. The only problems that I have had with the car were that one of the tire pressure sensors was messed up but that was covered by warranty so it was no big deal.

The Lemon
By Mike on 11/11/08 07:50 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Commander Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

My wife and I purchased a Jeep Commander Rocky Mount. My wife loved the look of the commander and I liked the lifetime warranty. Soon after purchasing it, one month, a loud whistling noise started coming from the dash. After three trips back to the dealer they stated they didn't know how to fix the problem. Since then, if you try to close the front two windows along with the sun roof, the sunroof will open itself back up. Again they stated there is nothing they can do because they don't know how to fix it. We are now involved in a lawsuit forcing them to buy it back. They are trying to say we have to pay them to buy it back. do not buy this car!

whistling commander
By cdawg on 08/19/08 10:42 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Commander Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Love the commander, comfort is great. 700 mile trip very comfortable. Wind noise(whistling) on passenger side that NO ONE can hear but us and anyone that rides with us( how funny is that) Service says there are not service advisories on it (why not? Jeep forum is FULL of complaints.) The service department thinks we are crazy. Lately it only happens once in a while. but changes in temps will be happening very soon here in LA. We shall see.

Mixed Feelings..!
By Carlos A. Gonzalez on 07/23/08 23:01 PM (PDT)

Love Jeeps have own three over the years. The Commander is by far the most

Love it!
By caligirl on 11/12/07 21:00 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Commander Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I was worried the 3.7L engine would not have enough power but it is adequate. I have 2 children in car seats and an 8yr old and there is plenty of room. We are talking large Britax car seats and I was still able to pack my 3 kids and my friends 2 elementary aged children in the Jeep including her with no problems. I love my Jeep, I wouldn't trade it for any other vehicle out there! The stereo is great for not going with the upgraded system and the rear ac/heater and reverse sensing are wonderful.

Leaks water
By R Holland on 11/08/07 06:56 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Commander Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Nice car, fun to drive, rough mileage is expected. Main issue is quality control on some models. My Rocky Mountain Edition leaks whenever it rains - fills drivers side foot wells. Has been in three times and not fixed. its a design flaw that needs to be fixed.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.