2007 Jeep Commander - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Commander model:
Wish I could get 2014
By cicmurphy on 11/29/13 18:22 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Commander Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I live in Utah and we have considerable amounts of snow and ice in the winter and I trust my Jeep to get me to where ever I am wanting to go, no matter the weather. I have taken it playing in the mud, sand, rain and snow and have absolutely no complaints. I have 120000 miles on it and other than the recommended upkeep, there has been no other repairs, replacements or issues. I only wish Jeep had kept making them so that I could upgrade to a newer model once I hit 200000 miles.

Oh No!
By elkrunn on 10/01/13 07:47 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Commander Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

It's going to be a year since I bought this Jeep. Not dependable at all..do not take this Jeep off road..will get stuck..ice,snow have to be careful since the 4x4 will auto turn on and it does not work at all. Has blind spots, plastic plastic everywhere, the visor was not planned we'll you can't see the road. Windshield the worst thing ever I'm scared that thing will bust, I can go on. Last night I almost hit a huge moose. I had my little one with me, I slammed my breaks and turned my wheel to avoid hitting this huge animal. The car did not stop on contact my car slid sideways, I was shocked this car did not stop. This is a 4x4 and did not act like it..the seat belts worked, wow

Slowest thing on the road
By notbrian on 08/31/13 21:58 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Commander Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I traded in our Trailblazer SS for a base model '07 V6 Commander 4x4 for the woman. I picked it up for under $11k with 77k miles and it's in really good condition, not a spec of rust under it - and that's rare for Ohio. Anyways, coming from a 400hp monster to this thing, I start dosing off a bit when putting the hammer down. I've driven vietnam-era military vehicles faster than this slug. The interior and build quality seems a lot nicer than Chevy's, and the woman is happy, so I guess I'm happy. It's been pretty reliable so far, but I'm one to keep up with maintenance. A little bit of that goes a long way, so people should maybe think about that before typing up a page of complaints.

poor making
By tikkjoe on 08/06/13 14:11 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Commander Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

i have bought this car from jeep dealer and was told i get about 10 to 14 a gallon first 2 weeks i got about that then on display i seen at first 250 miles to empty now on a full tank 17 gallons i see 151 miles to a gallon and doing 65 on highway i get 11 miles to a gallon and dealers say thats about right [non-permissible content removed].

My Rocky Mountain Edition
By thpcaptain on 03/03/13 19:21 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Commander Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my 2007 Jeep Commander in August of 2012 with 59 K. I had been looking for awhile and finally found one in near mint condition. I had accepted a transfer to Yellowstone National Park, which was over 1,500 miles away, and thought the Commander would suit my needs. Since I was pulling a trailer my mpg was not that good...avg. 18 mpg. When I came home for Christmas/no trailer I avg. 24-25 mpg. My only problem with it was a leak coming thru the grab rails on each side. Come to find out the drain tubes of the sun roof were plugged but once they were cleaned out I have not had any more leak problems. I really like my Commander.

5th Jeep and sticking with them!!!!!!
By creekdigger on 12/29/12 07:01 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Commander Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

i still have my 4th Jeep a grand cherokee all have exceeded 330,000 no major issues. Bought the 07 commander in 09 with 20k on it now has 46k no issues. I haul boats campers and a 8 x 12 enclosed trailer and only drop 3 miles per gallon expect 15-18 mpg thats the ouch but its a tank in all terrains/conditions. We have 4 kids & moved from Michigan (awesome in snow) to Tennessee Mountains it rocks. Ya I had the sun roof leak issue took it all apart (didn't have to)all it was is a plugged drain hole in each front corner use a shop vac once in awhile to vacuum it out (no more issues $0 cost to repair its called maintenance). I'll drive this jeep to 300,000 easy. Jeep best bang for your buck!

Money Pit!! Buy something else!!
By agriffin2 on 03/12/12 18:47 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Commander Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my jeep at 2 yrs old with 38,000 miles on it. It was already out of warranty(thanks Chrysler). Two weeks after purchasing it, I had to replace my shifter bezel to the tune of $500. It has stranded me 5 different times due to a starter issue. One year later, I had to replace the starter AGAIN! Chrysler has not been very helpful with reimbursing me for my troubles. Each Jeep dealer I take it to tells me that my car is a heap of problems. Each fix with it costs me at least $400. I will be getting rid of it soon and I'm extremely disappointed in Chrysler.

Perfect for a Family
By sbitterle on 12/02/11 09:24 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Commander Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

2007 Jeep Commander, have owned it now for a year. Purchased it used, so somebody else took the depreciation in value. This truck is a tank. It will go through any kind of weather, terrain. Love it. Our family of 5 rides comfortably in it. Less room than our old Caravan, but this vehicle weighs twice as much. I feel better knowing that my family has 6800lbs of metal around them. Can't comment on the leaking issue, as mine doesn't have a sunroof. Gas millage is not the greatest, but I knew that buying it. Bottom line, if you want a durable, safe truck....This ones for you. NOTE: I do regular fluid changes on engine, trans, rear end diff.....So have not had any reliablity issues.

Not so much a Jeep as the old ones.
By johntesh71 on 09/22/11 09:11 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Commander Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Bought used in 2010 with 50,000 miles. Had the radiator cooling fans go out one month after I bought it and then the Shifter broke costing me $200 dollars to fix. Took it off roading and nearly destroyed the front fender...Hit a patch of snow at 25 mph and slid all 4 wheels spinning for 90 feet through traffic...blew the rear strut assembly driving over a speed bump then ended up only getting 17 mpg on average costing me almost $6000 dollars a year in gas....I recommend finding an older Cherokee or Grand Cherokee and sticking with that this thing was a nightmare for me and my family glad were trading it in for a Dodge...good ridance.

Loved My Jeep
By lovemyjeep4 on 07/18/11 08:02 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Commander Overland 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Purchased used, Limited with Hemi in 2008 for $22k with 19K miles ! (Original sticker was $41K Fully Loaded with all the trimmings. Practically stole it as gas was over $4 per gallon when I bought it. Best car I ever owned! No major problems. Drivier power window motor replaced - that's it in 4 years. No transmission problems. Due to loss of job, sold this past weekend for $17k. Practically ZERO depreciation. Can't wait to buy another one! Would recommend to anyone.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.