2006 Jeep Commander 4.7L V8 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - In Love With My Commander!

2006 Jeep Commander - Consumer Review

Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L V8 5-speed Automatic)

In Love With My Commander!
By T. Brown on

2006 Jeep Commander Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I've had my Commander for about 7 weeks now & I absolutely love it! This is my 1st brand new car & I couldn't be happier. Great suspension. It goes over speed/road bumps like a champ. Yes, it does get less than stellar gas mileage (which is posted on the vehicle info sticker), but if one can't afford to gas it up, he/she should not be purchasing this vehicle. If you're buying a car that has a $38,000+ sticker price, the gas money should not be an issue. I love all of the bells & whistles. I get compliments on mine all of the time. My family & I have taken several road trips & we all love taking it on the highway. Not as pricey as a Land Rover, but just as great, I think. I love this car!

Favorite Features

The saddle brown leather is really nice. The ride is extremely smooth & I love the "go" that the Hemi engine has. My kids love the dvd player, so it's great to have on road trips. They also really like the skylights. I can't say enough about this car. I love to drive it. Chrome features make it pop.

Suggested Improvements

The only things that I would suggest are more leg room for the 3rd row seating & a bit more cargo space when that 3rd row is up. I'm not sure how that would be possible since the seats are over the wheel well. If you need to seat more than 5 on a regular basis, this is probably not the suv for you.