Love this vehicle but not happy with it.
By cviz on
2006 Jeep Commander Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)
I bought my 2006 Jeep Commander in September of 2005. I have about 87,000 miles on it and keep up the maintenance. My power outlets in the front have stopped working even after I changed out the fuses, I have paid $3500 to replace the rear differential, replaced the battery three times, replaced the alternator, passenger window won't close right, water leaks in from the front and all four of my door handles have cracked and broke. Chrysler and the dealership both say it's wear and tear even though I rotate driving between this vehicle and my 2009 Kia Borrego. I have had two other Jeeps and have never had problems like this. I would have to pay $700 per door to fix them.
Suggested Improvements
Chrysler needs to look at the materials they use to build these vehicles, not everything is wear and tear. I hope it doesn't take someone getting hurt due to faulty materials before they fix these issues.
By sporter30
on 08/20/14 14:05 PM (PDT)

I am having the exact same problem with the leaking and the door handles. This is not regular wear and tear, this should be a recall. The dealerships are now offering a kit to fix the door handles for $100.