Pimp My Commander
By Ron T. on
2006 Jeep Commander Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)
Jeep Commander, what can words really say. I've had my rig for about 45 days. I've already racked up 1,800 miles. At 41 I feel like a kid again, just lookin for a reason to go crusin'. I added 20" Chrome Wheels to my truck which really changed the look of the vehicle, but did decrease my gas mileage considerably. Two trips to the shop already; once a faulty warning light advising me to check 4WD system. Also I had to have one of the computerized keys reprogrammed. Upon starting the vehicle it would run for a few seconds and die. A red dot would appear on the dash along with a message "Try Alternate Key." I was told this had something to do with the security system. Overall I really like my truck.
Favorite Features
The interior is simple but elegant. Notable features I really like are the steering wheel controls for the radio, one touch sunroof, heated front seats, auto dimming mirror & the 6 disc in dash cd/mp3 player.
Suggested Improvements
I'm tall, with the drivers seat all the way back it doesn't leave a lot of leg room in the second row. We also have a Chrysler Pacifica, did you know that the Pacifica is 10" longer than the Commander, it also has more rear legroom. My point is this -- a longer body, more legroom.