2006 Jeep Commander Consumer Review: No better vehicle

2006 Jeep Commander - Consumer Review

Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L V8 4x4 5-speed Automatic)

No better vehicle
By Duckhunter on

2006 Jeep Commander Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I had been shopping for a new SUV for over 1 year. I have had a 1997 Jeep Cherokee (and kept it.) I test drove the Yukons, 4Runners, Pathfinders, and even the Grand Cherokee's. I had really wanted to get a Jeep but never had taken to the Grand Cherokees. I think after having a Cherokee for so long most people will agree with me that the Cherokee and Grand Cherokee are just entirely different vehicles. I have been following the developments of the Commander for over a year and when I test drove it, I knew I had found the vehicle I had been waiting for. The upright seating and windshield are much more similar to the Cherokee and it looks pretty darn mean. Can't wait to take it off road.

Overall looks. Tallness of vehicles. Upright windshield and seating. Good ground clearance. Mean looking yet luxurious. 3rd row seating. Appearance of the rear of vehicle. Very affordable given the quality.

Rear window button within vehicle. Better gas mileage.