LUUUUV my Commander!
By little texas on
2006 Jeep Commander Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)
"Just right" size. Not a teeny, dinky suv and not a 'boat' that minimizes the driving experience. It is nimble and fun while also offering great storage and passenger carrying options. Visibility is really good, I can clearly see the front end and all around the vehicle. The seat adjustments along with the pedal adjustments create a more than comfortable arrangement for my 5 foot nothing size. I admit it is a little high for loading my 2 year old into her carseat in the back, but I love the height when I'm on the open road and feel the trade-off is worth it. I can get 18 mpg on highway, but I have to work at it a little. Wish the MPG was better.
Favorite Features
Pedal & seat adjustments, 2 driver memory settings. Heated seats. 3rd row folding seat, it's not big, but I would gladly ride, & have, in it for a 30 min. trip. Leather (or leather-like) seats. Styling - interior & exterior. In particular I'm picky @ dashboards & I love mine! Quality interior.
Suggested Improvements
I would love to have something like OnStar! A generous sized step that could come down when loading (like on a motorhome). Or if the entire car could lower! Better MPG.